Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tmiko

I am finally starting accutane (with pictures)

Yea your right summer does get rid of most of the stress/depression because when i was in school i just felt so ugly with all my acne and dark spots(from previous pimples). I'm going to my derm aug 4th, ill see if he says i need accutane(low dosage) when i tell him. He will probably say no since the regimen is working awesomly. I just got moisturizer today the one Dan recommended. Burns a little, but he says our skin should get used to it in future weeks in the regimen. Well,anyways i hope this dryness goes away before school starts. Because this year acne will not stand in my way!lol. Good luck man dont forget to post pictures, I will be with u all of your months on Accutane,hopefully dryness will be your only side-affect and a little aching! :D

yeah, school really stresses me out and i don't get nearly as much sleep compared to during summer. hopefully this year will be better because my schedule isn't as hard as last years. i would give it some time with dan's regimen (not that it doesn't work), and see if it works long-term for you or not. lol i agree with you, i am beating acne this year. haha i am going to post them in a couple minutes. i have an incentive to take them now because i got a new camera haha :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: P.S.: I'll be in Conyers and then Atlanta at an assembly, school shopping +other things tomorrow(longgg drive somewhat) so i want be able to get on. lol was there a point of me saying this P.S. :lol:

lol i am confused but i guess i will wait and see haha.

your vlogs make my day haha, hope things keep getting better for you!

ahh i am glad that somebody enjoys them and doesn't find them boring :)

Day 32:

I didn't feel like I needed to post anything for yesterday (day 31) because I took both pills at night. Oh, and I am only counting the days I am taking pills. Realistically I started accutane like 40-some days ago.

Today was pretty good. I took both my pills with breakfast and two large glasses of water. I did not have any stomach pains all day. I also can tell that my skin is a little drier today, and my lips. I actually had to use my aquaphor today. I also started washing my face today. I used my orange neutrogena salicylic acid face wash and applied acanya gel after I got out of the shower. After the acanya dried I applied my Cerave moisturizer. I also shaved with my electric razor today. My skin has been really soft all day and I think washing it has helped.

Today's photos:

http://flic.kr/p/a8uRyN

Guest Timehealsall
dood, so you don't have ANY scarring? no shallow scars or anything like that?

wow man.. you have a lot of acne, yet none of it scarred? quite fortunate of you.

Hows your diet like... what have you used in the past and what do you currently use on your face?

Do you pop any of your pimples?

do your pimples heal faster whilst on tane?

thanks bro

i definitely have some shallow scarring but it is kind of hard to tell with all of the acne around it.

my diet is insane, i get made fun of because i am so healthy. i exercise daily; i try to only eat 100% natural, organic foods; only 100% whole wheat breads (no enriched flours); no pop; no alcohol; no chips/greasy foods; no fried foods; low consumption of beef; lots of water; no super sugary drinks...etc...etc. i am not super stringent on it, meaning i bend the rules on occasion or at a party or on vacation but other than that i am pretty good about it.

i listed some of it in my first video but here it is:

prednisone

sulfacetamide sodium 10% (topical)

acanya

benzaclin

tazorac 0.05% and 0.1%

finacea

azithromycin

ERY 2% pads (ERYTHROMYCIN)

minocycline

prascion cleanser 170.3gm

bactroban 2% cream 30gm

cephalexin 250mg

Neutrogena SkinID

Proactiv

DOING NOTHING

Cerave Moisturizer

Differin

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (Orange, salicylic acid wash)

General Benzoil Peroxide

Some all-natural thing (i don't remember the name, but it was just some sort of wash, spray on cleanser thingy and some moisturizer.)

i think that is everything i have tried. i went through all of my prescriptions and found all of that. i may be missing some random things that i bought from walgreens or kroger. but most of the stuff falls into three categories: oral treatment, benzoic peroxide, or retina-a. my routine for the longest time would be to take my pills (if i was taking any), wash my face with the neutrogena face wash twice a day and put on the benzoic peroxide. then about a year and a half ago i started using a moisturizer.

starting today, i am washing my face with the orange neutrogena face wash and applying acanya afterward, and then once the acanya dries on apply the crave moisturizer.

when i first got acne i was terrible and picked at my acne all the time; then my dad convinced me to stop, then i start again. so basically, when i get really annoyed with my acne i will pick at it all the time, but then i will come to my senses and stop for awhile. right now, i have not picked at it in awhile.

i have not really noticed any difference in how fast they heal. i would have to look more closely at my pictures to see.

any other questions? i will be happy to answer them.

sorry if i am annoying you with all the questions. Can you take note of one new pimple you get ( a moderate sized one) and tell me how fast it heals, or how long it takes to heal?

How long have you been eating organic healthy foods for? Has it been all this time that you had acne?

Have you ever gone through a period of time (6 months or more) where you have severe stress every single day and or anxiety?

thanks mate

Hang in there man- hope u get ure refill soon, ive been on my second month for about 2 weeks nd im starting to break out, thou i expectes it since my dose was raised to 80 mg... Good luck!

I am hoping I don't break out more :/ my dosage got bumped up too. I am finally getting my pills as soon as my Dad picks them up from the pharmacy on his way home :) Best of luck to you! Hopefully you have a great 3rd month to clear everything up.

Well it hapened exacty around two weeks into it again, hope its not the sam way for u, yess im definetly waiting for the magic third month haha

wow man.. you have a lot of acne, yet none of it scarred? quite fortunate of you.

Hows your diet like... what have you used in the past and what do you currently use on your face?

thanks bro

i definitely have some shallow scarring but it is kind of hard to tell with all of the acne around it.

my diet is insane, i get made fun of because i am so healthy. i exercise daily; i try to only eat 100% natural, organic foods; only 100% whole wheat breads (no enriched flours); no pop; no alcohol; no chips/greasy foods; no fried foods; low consumption of beef; lots of water; no super sugary drinks...etc...etc. i am not super stringent on it, meaning i bend the rules on occasion or at a party or on vacation but other than that i am pretty good about it.

prednisone

acanya

benzaclin

tazorac 0.05% and 0.1%

finacea

azithromycin

minocycline

bactroban 2% cream 30gm

cephalexin 250mg

Neutrogena SkinID

Proactiv

DOING NOTHING

Cerave Moisturizer

Differin

General Benzoil Peroxide

Some all-natural thing (i don't remember the name, but it was just some sort of wash, spray on cleanser thingy and some moisturizer.)

i think that is everything i have tried. i went through all of my prescriptions and found all of that. i may be missing some random things that i bought from walgreens or kroger. but most of the stuff falls into three categories: oral treatment, benzoic peroxide, or retina-a. my routine for the longest time would be to take my pills (if i was taking any), wash my face with the neutrogena face wash twice a day and put on the benzoic peroxide. then about a year and a half ago i started using a moisturizer.

starting today, i am washing my face with the orange neutrogena face wash and applying acanya afterward, and then once the acanya dries on apply the crave moisturizer.

when i first got acne i was terrible and picked at my acne all the time; then my dad convinced me to stop, then i start again. so basically, when i get really annoyed with my acne i will pick at it all the time, but then i will come to my senses and stop for awhile. right now, i have not picked at it in awhile.

i have not really noticed any difference in how fast they heal. i would have to look more closely at my pictures to see.

sorry if i am annoying you with all the questions. Can you take note of one new pimple you get ( a moderate sized one) and tell me how fast it heals, or how long it takes to heal?

How long have you been eating organic healthy foods for? Has it been all this time that you had acne?

Have you ever gone through a period of time (6 months or more) where you have severe stress every single day and or anxiety?

thanks mate

nah don't worry about it. if it helps you i'm all for it. yeah, i am going to wait a couple days until i have been taking my pills for a little while again so i can give you accurate results.

i started slowly 4 years ago by removing pop from my diet, and then no fried foods. I would say for about 3 years I have been eating pretty healthy. from the summer of 2008 to the summer of 2010 i played soccer really intensely (practice every day) and I used to think that because i was sweating so much that it was making my acne worse but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

uhhh pretty much last school year lol. to be more specific, from october of 2010 to about may of 2011 i had some problems (lots of stress and anxiety related to my acne and school, in addition to mild depression from my acne). i had a couple major meltdowns in the beginning of 2011 and then i started going to a therapist.

feel free to ask me more questions.

Edited by tmiko

Hang in there man- hope u get ure refill soon, ive been on my second month for about 2 weeks nd im starting to break out, thou i expectes it since my dose was raised to 80 mg... Good luck!

I am hoping I don't break out more :/ my dosage got bumped up too. I am finally getting my pills as soon as my Dad picks them up from the pharmacy on his way home :) Best of luck to you! Hopefully you have a great 3rd month to clear everything up.

Well it hapened exacty around two weeks into it again, hope its not the sam way for u, yess im definetly waiting for the magic third month haha

yeah i am hoping it won't be bad for me because i am actually washing my face putting acanya on it at least once a day.

Day 33:

Today was normal, except I had some pretty bad back pain. I was just being a normal kid (fooling around) and I felt old because my back started hurting lol. Other than that I have had to use my aquaphor a couple times and I feel like I have developed some pretty large nodules on my neck and forehead and they are really bothering me. Also, I feel like the acanya is helping a bit.

Today's photos:

http://flic.kr/p/a8VYio

Edited by tmiko

Guest Timehealsall

thanks bro

prednisone

acanya

benzaclin

tazorac 0.05% and 0.1%

finacea

azithromycin

minocycline

bactroban 2% cream 30gm

cephalexin 250mg

Neutrogena SkinID

Proactiv

DOING NOTHING

Cerave Moisturizer

Differin

General Benzoil Peroxide

thanks mate

nah don't worry about it. if it helps you i'm all for it. yeah, i am going to wait a couple days until i have been taking my pills for a little while again so i can give you accurate results.

i started slowly 4 years ago by removing pop from my diet, and then no fried foods. I would say for about 3 years I have been eating pretty healthy. from the summer of 2008 to the summer of 2010 i played soccer really intensely (practice every day) and I used to think that because i was sweating so much that it was making my acne worse but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

uhhh pretty much last school year lol. to be more specific, from october of 2010 to about may of 2011 i had some problems (lots of stress and anxiety related to my acne and school, in addition to mild depression from my acne). i had a couple major meltdowns in the beginning of 2011 and then i started going to a therapist.

you had stress every single day from october to may (i am talking stress like 10 hours a day lol)?

thanks mate

Guest Timehealsall

btw, its hard to tell from the photos, but do any of your pimples fill up with pus? Or are they just red bumps that shrink away?

thanks bro

prednisone

acanya

benzaclin

tazorac 0.05% and 0.1%

finacea

azithromycin

minocycline

bactroban 2% cream 30gm

cephalexin 250mg

Neutrogena SkinID

Proactiv

DOING NOTHING

Cerave Moisturizer

Differin

General Benzoil Peroxide

thanks mate

you had stress every single day from october to may (i am talking stress like 10 hours a day lol)?

thanks mate

lol not every single day for 10 hours. the weekends were pretty much stress free, but during the week i was under a lot of stress and pressure.

btw, its hard to tell from the photos, but do any of your pimples fill up with pus? Or are they just red bumps that shrink away?

some of them do fill up, and some are just red bumps.

Hi! I thought I'd just stop by and say hi and that I'm reading your log so keep it up. I'm sorry about your lapse in meds. So annoying. This drug is just waaaay too regulated. Anyways, best of luck!

Hi! I thought I'd just stop by and say hi and that I'm reading your log so keep it up. I'm sorry about your lapse in meds. So annoying. This drug is just waaaay too regulated. Anyways, best of luck!

Thanks! And yeah it is really annoying. I'm pretty sure it is all because of that one Michigan senator's son who commit suicide while he was on the drug. Oh well, good luck with your course anyways.

Good progress man! I'm on a vegan diet cause of my acne, it seems to help,alot of ppl tried it for their acne,but ur on a good food intake so dont worry, drink waterr it helpsss(i know u r already,so good) Well anyways my skin is still very dry n wrinkly and the moisturizer doesnt seem to help really. That is why i'm going to buy some organic jojoba oil today (not Dan's sadly,but another) my ma would just say buy from store instead of online anyways. I hope i can rid this dryness,if u thought u were old with back pain,nothing compared to these dry wrinkles i have and peeling and dark spots from dryness. Good luck man! Don't give up! :smile:

Good progress man! I'm on a vegan diet cause of my acne, it seems to help,alot of ppl tried it for their acne,but ur on a good food intake so dont worry, drink waterr it helpsss(i know u r already,so good) Well anyways my skin is still very dry n wrinkly and the moisturizer doesnt seem to help really. That is why i'm going to buy some organic jojoba oil today (not Dan's sadly,but another) my ma would just say buy from store instead of online anyways. I hope i can rid this dryness,if u thought u were old with back pain,nothing compared to these dry wrinkles i have and peeling and dark spots from dryness. Good luck man! Don't give up! :smile:

lol now that i have been back on accutane for a couple days my dryness and peeling has come back :( oh well, i guess it will be worth it in the end. good luck and hopefully the oil works!

Edited by tmiko

Day 34:

Whatsup guys. My skin was a lot drier today; and it started peeling again. It was peeling a ton. I had to put more moisturizer around my mouth than I ever have before in one day. My legs and arms kind of dry too. Right when I got out of the shower my arms were super duper dry. I feel like my skin is improving again because I am washing it and applying the acanya again. I had a headache today but I think it is because it was really hot today and I didn't drink very much water or eat enough for breakfast.

Today's photos:

http://flic.kr/p/a9qSVz

Edited by tmiko

Good luck! I just started my course the other day and I'm at 60 mg/day. I could actually see some progress in your pictures!

Good luck! I just started my course the other day and I'm at 60 mg/day. I could actually see some progress in your pictures!

Thank you and good luck with your course! Yeah I can a little bit, but it's harder for me to see it because I'm always looking at it haha :D

Day 35:

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday, except without the headache. The area of my neck where I have acne was really dried out and peeling a lot. My skin has felt really dry and tight when I get out of the shower and I have to put a ton of moisturizer on my face. I feel like my face is still improving because I am applying the acanya now.

Today's photos:

http://flic.kr/p/a9qSVz

Hey Tim! The acanya gel (since it has 2.5% BP in it) paired with accutane might be what's drying you out so much.. Just a thought! Cause I use BP, and the first couple of weeks it made me super dry around my mouth aread and under my jawline/neck, which is where you say you're peeling. Again, just a thought, I might be wrong =)

Hey Tim! The acanya gel (since it has 2.5% BP in it) paired with accutane might be what's drying you out so much.. Just a thought! Cause I use BP, and the first couple of weeks it made me super dry around my mouth aread and under my jawline/neck, which is where you say you're peeling. Again, just a thought, I might be wrong =)

Yeah that's I am thinking too, because I was dry and peeling the first month, but it is worse now that I am using the acanya. I am just counteracting it by using lots of moisturizer :)

Day 37:

Yesterday was interesting. There is a reason I didn't take any pictures or post anything last night...I think the accutane got into my head and I just felt really down for some reason. It was pretty bad. I just laid down in bed and listened to some music for about an hour and then turned it off and fell asleep. I woke up this morning still a little down but not as much as I was last night. Anyways, I loaded on the moisturizer this morning and was happy I didn't find my face all dried out and peeling mid way through the day at work. New video tomorrow, yay :)

Today's photos:

http://flic.kr/p/aa6xhB

Guest Timehealsall

damn man, your skin looks incredibly inflamed.

I hope my skin doesnt become like that if i go on tane.

Way to shit on his progress, time.

Tim, I actually think your neck acne is looking way better! Doesn't look as painful anymore. Yay for a new video tomorrow, haha =)

Way to shit on his progress, time.

Tim, I actually think your neck acne is looking way better! Doesn't look as painful anymore. Yay for a new video tomorrow, haha =)

I was sure what to say to time so thanks haha. Thank you very much, I definitely think my cheeks are improving but i think my neck is still breaking out :/ Yay my new video is up haha.