Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Italiana bby

& I thought the battle was over...

Summer of 2009 I broke out terribly & had cystic acne all over my face. It wasn't until the following September I took Accutane which completely cleared it all up. My skin looked awesome ever since, even if I have some scarring. I used to only break out with 2 or 3 pimples a month.

This summer I'm starting to notice a change in my skin again. I get pimples almost daily & it takes longer for them to heal.

I'm not sure what to do at this point & I'm wondering if anyone has any remedies, vitamins, medication they use that works well for them. I'm kinda anxious to buy some acne cream in the store but I just don't want to waste my money on crap that wont work...

?

Are you using any different moisturizers with SPF or anything that might make your skin react adversely? It's also a long shot, but if you wear your hair in your face and sweat, a lot of the product ends up on your skin, unless you're breaking out all over. Have you been particularly stressed lately...? Stress has a lot of adverse effects for plenty of people. Unfortunately, I've read there are a lot of cases where Accutane users go through relapses. :( Maybe head back to your derm and see if you can get some advice on where to go next? I assume since you were put on Accutane, you've tried other over-the-counter products before, unless your derm was more 'lax about prescribing it to you.

Are you using any different moisturizers with SPF or anything that might make your skin react adversely? It's also a long shot, but if you wear your hair in your face and sweat, a lot of the product ends up on your skin, unless you're breaking out all over. Have you been particularly stressed lately...? Stress has a lot of adverse effects for plenty of people. Unfortunately, I've read there are a lot of cases where Accutane users go through relapses. :( Maybe head back to your derm and see if you can get some advice on where to go next? I assume since you were put on Accutane, you've tried other over-the-counter products before, unless your derm was more 'lax about prescribing it to you.

Agreed, any changes can make breakouts occur.

What kind of products are looking into for buying? Natural Home Remedies, Othe the counter products, or specific types of vitamins that may assist in helping acne.

i know spending money on another acne product is the last thing you want to do but i have heard that paulas choice products are good. and on their website they have an ingredient dictionary-i used this to check the ingredients in the makeup and hair products i was using and thier ingredients were extremely irritating. so i would check anything you use:)

i know spending money on another acne product is the last thing you want to do but i have heard that paulas choice products are good. and on their website they have an ingredient dictionary-i used this to check the ingredients in the makeup and hair products i was using and thier ingredients were extremely irritating. so i would check anything you use:)

Doesn't Paula's Choice mainly consist of BHA?

I rarely change the products I use because they work so well with my skin. My skin is extremely dry I can't use any other brand except for Cetaphil lol Maybe it is stress, I tend to stress out easily. I've tryed a lot of different prescribed creams & meds but eventually my skin becomes immune to them. For example... My retin-A has no effect on my skin even if I use large ammounts.

No paula provides all kinds even bp. I have had amazing results tho with bha in the past its just the purging period thats a pain and once you start bha you cant stop you have to keep using it-that was my biggest mistake

No paula provides all kinds even bp. I have had amazing results tho with bha in the past its just the purging period thats a pain and once you start bha you cant stop you have to keep using it-that was my biggest mistake

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

Np :)