Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

maximizing the delivery of fat soluble vitamins within the body, with high saturated fat diet.

saturated fat is known as the bad fat because it raises low density lipoproteins most potently, but im just learning that this is how fat soluble vitamins(adek) are delivered throughout the body, through ldl, and considering that accutane is very effective at treating acne, i wonder if just by getting more saturated fat in combination with more vitamin a , and of course e,d, and k, could be just about the most natural hypothesis for treating acne.

getting vitamin a in your diet is one thing, but maximizing its delivery through out the body is another thing, and we want to raise our ldl cholesterol levels for this.

from my memory, supposedly the sebacous glands in acne are hyperproliferating, and that means, they are getting too large and not dying at the right time, they are over grown secreting too much sebum, retinoic acid derived from vitamin a is known for its major role in apoptosis, or signaling a cell when to die, and that is why accutane is also a chemotherapy drug for certain types of lung cancer,as cancers cells also do not know when to die, and hyperproliferate. getting more vitamin a to the cell would allow more retinoic acid production perhaps.

for the case of heart disease, it is high hdl that we really want and the ratios are what matter, because high hdl ensure little fat deposits on arteries. lowering our ldl, may just be lowering the delivery of fat soluble vitamins through the body. also, studies repeatedly show that fatty deposits can be created with a diet deficient in either magnesium, b3/niacin, b6, and possibly b12, which leads me to believe the complicated process of developing heart disease lies in our substandard agricultural practices which leave our food depleted in vitamins and minerals. also fructose is known to dramatically lower hdl as well as ldl, lowering ldl 23%, and hdl 43%.

ill update this with more research later.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

The best oral treatment i've every used is a teaspoon of cod liver oil (around 5000 IU's of vitamin A I think) taken with Coconut Oil (on toast). I certainly notice a major difference for the better when taken at the same time a the coconut oil. And it wasn't the fish oil aspect working as normal fish oil break me out bad, and I tried a reduced vitamin A cod liver oil taken with coconut oil and got no results. However, after a couple months the vitamin A started giving me some side effects (we'll just say where a guy doesn't want to have side effects). Went away once the vitamin A was stopped.

I've tried the coconut oil with a food like a sweet potato, but the results weren't the same. Retinol is what really worked.

As always with you an interesting read. I hope youll get to the more research.

I was just about to make a post asking about this!!

I'm interested in learning more about the absorption of fat soluable vitamins (or other vitamins too) since I've found I am already having success with vitamin d3. I read somewhere that if you take it all in one dose you dont absorb it as well as if you space it apart but it's hard to find information on it out there.

I'm also thinking I should consider supplementing calcium as well. I dont eat dairy, and I eat a few almonds a day, but Im pretty sure Im not getting enough. Not really for acne, since mine is clearing anyway, but for health! Also magnesium, b vitamins (I find them so confusing, which to take and when) and vitamin A.

I just wish there was ONE pill I could take with all of them. Most multivitamins contain no where near enough!

Any advice or further informaton would be appreciated :D

unfortunately so far i found out fat soluble vitamins are delivered through the body via chylomicrons, which are seperate lipid molecules from hdl, ld, etc. so ldl may have little to do with the transport of vitamin a, whereas previously i thought i recived that claim from a decent source but now its debateable.

BUT, i want to understand how the body assimilates chylomicrons and incorporates the fat soluble vitamins so that they can be delivered through the body, to AGAIN, see if i can enhance this process somehow. but if you get a good array of different kinds of fats, and take the fat soluble with them in a meal, this will pretty much guarantee the best chylomicron formation and therefore the transport of the vitamins in the blood stream. so get a good array of saturated, monounsaturated, and poly in one meal, and you'll very likely be good.

im trying to stay consistent with my liver sausage for vitamin a source, which contains mostly monounsaturated and saturated.

either way, do not skimp on the saturated fat as has been previously been suggested for a healthy heart, we need cholesterol for many hormones and other things. skimp on the high fructose corn syrup to keep your hdl high, and arteries clean.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

I just wish there was ONE pill I could take with all of them. Most multivitamins contain no where near enough!

You want a multi vitamin that is intended to be taken as several pills throughout the day. But for some reason, most are divided into 2 or 6 doses. I would think 4 would be the ideal. One with each meal and a snack.

Also, a way to know which are fat soluble. Fat soluble vitamins are measured in IUs. Water soluble are measured in mg. Although there are some nutrients that are both.