Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

Going to get learners license next saturday

Next saturday, i'll be literally forcing myself to get it cause i feel pathetic that i dont have my license at 18(Yes that is how much acne has held me back). But im still scared outta my mind, cause that is teenage paradise, Its like going into the lion den but except they wont eat you lol. But still, these are teens were talking about here, most or all with clear skin and will be making fun of you, laughing, staring. How do i do it?!

Also, allow me to show you some pics of my face, most of these are scars, so dont think every red mark you see is acne.

post-144207-1307237263_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307237275_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307237312_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307237326_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness, its the sucky webcams fault lol. Also, the webcam makes my acne look more worse than is actually is.

So anyway, can someone please tell me how to face these fears so i can finally freakin drive, Thanks.

post-144207-1307237263_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307237275_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307237312_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307237326_thumb.jpg

Edited by HiImMatt

I learned the hard way I never had any driving experience when I went to take driving lessons so I could take the test with them and I was humiliated when I drove the first time because I had no experience after that I thought I sucked at driving, but I drove more and more and got confident and passed the test and didn't have to take the driver's test on the dmv thats how good I drove on my test day. If you have past driving experience you will be fine but if you don't have any experience than I suggest you tell one of your parents to practice driving all week, also chew some while you drive it will help you calm your nerves good luck.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 22 and I still don't have a driver's license. That's my goal this summer, to finally go ahead and take the test etc. And it's not from acne having held me back, I just never had access to a car in high school and it just didn't seem like a big deal to have my license lol. I know, every 16 year old wants a license but I was just "meh" about it. So, yeah, don't feel bad or awkward or anything that you're 18. You know a lot of people wait even later? I knew someone in their early thirties who had just gotten their license. A lot of people wait, so don't feel like you're the only one. And just get yourself pumped up and think that when it's all said and done(and it wont take long to get your license) you'll be able to drive. Now that's a pretty sweet reward, right?

Now I just gotta drag my butt off the couch to get my license too lol

It took me ages to get my license. My best piece of advice would be not to wait! It's not worth prolonging. I think you're a trooper for going when you're 18 - that's a perfectly reasonable age to go for your license! I waited until I was 21 and I can't believe the independence I've gained since I got my license and bought my car. I couldn't imagine going back to bumming rides and relying on other people. Your acne shouldn't hold you back from things like that. In the real world, people who are employed to teach you to drive and sit your driving tests honestly don't give a crap and a half about the condition of your skin, just your driving capabilities. ;) Just breathe, be calm, and remember that it's just driving, not rocket science. It takes a while to get used to, and even if you have to sit your test a few times, it's still a win for you! You're getting out there and you're doing something for yourself in the face of fear.

I'm 20 I never even got a permit. I always find myself being driven by others so there was never a pressing need to get one. I also find bus transportation kind of adventurous, not to mention cheap!

All I can tell you is to press on, no matter what your skin looks like. You'll be hating yourself for not doing more when you're older.