Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
diareads

Is there a natural way to prevent/aid clogged pores?

Hey, my acne is doing a lot better and I have changed my diet--recently took out gluten, soy, nuts. But my forehead is covered by MANY skin-colored or whitish clogged pores.

Will my diet change more likely help this issue and they will go away on their own? Should I be using an exfoliant or will they eventually heal on their own? They have been there at different levels of okisj to really bad. Currently really bad..

Is there anything that has worked for anyone?

Try applying some more manuka on your forehead and then applying bicarbonate of soda over it and leaving it on for a while. I usually sleep with that on, resulting in honey all over my sheets/ pillowcases (and sometimes quite an uncomfortable sleep)- BUT it does seem to help my skin. In

fact my face seems much brighter and blemishes become less apparent. I seem to get the same skin-colored/ whitish clogged pores along my jawline and although I'm not sure if this makes them go away, it does seem keep them tiny and kind of invisible...

Diet will, but not necessarily that diet. You also need to avoid any high glycemic load meals, drinks, or snacks. And avoid or limit dairy.

How low glycemic you need to go depends on what else you do: nutrients that help manage blood sugar, physical activity and fitness, and sleep all affect your body's abilities to function properly.

Insulin stimulates the production of other hormones including the androgens that stimulate oily skin and IGF1 which stimulates cell hyperproliferation and hyperkeritinization. Dairy, in addition to being insulinimic and high GI depending on the fat content, contains IGF1. This is the root cause of clogged pores and acne.

More info: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2580171

I'd be wary of scrubbing/exfoliating too hard, because this is usually counterproductive, and serves to irritate more than heal. Try and leave the area be as much as possible. I've just started using coconut oil as a face moisturizer, it's good at killing nasties. If you try it, keep a close eye on what happens, obviously stop of you feel it's making things worse.

Diet will, but not necessarily that diet. You also need to avoid any high glycemic load meals, drinks, or snacks. And avoid or limit dairy.

How low glycemic you need to go depends on what else you do: nutrients that help manage blood sugar, physical activity and fitness, and sleep all affect your body's abilities to function properly.

Insulin stimulates the production of other hormones including the androgens that stimulate oily skin and IGF1 which stimulates cell hyperproliferation and hyperkeritinization. Dairy, in addition to being insulinimic and high GI depending on the fat content, contains IGF1. This is the root cause of clogged pores and acne.

More info: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2580171

oh yeah i forgot to mention i don't eat dairy. I haven't in a long while because they were the main cause my my cystic acne which today is 90% gone. I get great sleep and exercise about 3x a week and am very active but I will be working on that.

I eat very healthy already and currently stopped eating white potatos because of high GI but I am not sure what else to avoid. I am also hypogycemic. Does this change/add anything else to worry about it?

Thank you for the link, I am going to check that out! :D

I'd be wary of scrubbing/exfoliating too hard, because this is usually counterproductive, and serves to irritate more than heal. Try and leave the area be as much as possible. I've just started using coconut oil as a face moisturizer, it's good at killing nasties. If you try it, keep a close eye on what happens, obviously stop of you feel it's making things worse.

I am trying not to scrub etc too much or two hard. Just a little baking soda once in a while and some Japanese Cure product (which I am only using to finish it up, almost empty anyway). I try to be very gentle because I want to avoid further scares on my forehead. There are alreay several.

I have tried coconut oil but felt greasy. I might try it again, idk yet :think:

Thank you both for your responses.