Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wicky

flaxseed breakout

Ive been reading up on omega 3's and 6's and have sporadically taken fish oil, flax and evening primrose oil..I will take them for a couple of days and always end up getting large pimples along jawline and sides of cheeks..This latest one I thought was from either Flaxseed I started taking about a week ago or from Percocet I was taking for an absessed tooth. I was completley clear of welts or pimpls on cheeks and jaw on Friday for roughly two weeks then bam since Saturday one came out then four more on Sunday and four more this morning..My diet has basically been the same as I havent been able to eat much because of my tooth..Basically morning coffee, hot rice cereal, banana, smashed avocado, rice puff cereal with hemp milk or rice milk..I do consume a fair amount of brown rice in my diet but its the only grain I really eat. Nothing has changed except the percocet and flax..Has anyone experienced this? I read somewhere it has some phyto-estrogen properties similiar to soy and I am low in estrogen and recently started bio identical hormone therapy about a month ago...Im taking 1/2 the dose my dr recommend because Im afraid of an outbreak...The first week I was applying the cream I did expereience a IB but then nothing until now. I would love some feedback on this..

Yes, that began happening to me a few years ago. Flax seeds gave me cysts! Anyway, over the course of 3 years, I noticed that this reaction happened when I ate other seeds too. Every few months, I became more sensitive to another type of seed and then nuts.

I found I was grain intolerant (which is very common on this forum) and that eating grains was over activating my entire immune system and I was becoming sensitized to other foods. This could be your case unless over time you notice that you ONLY have a reaction to flax seeds.

Edited by Dotty1

Yes, there was a period a few years ago when flax seed was the big miracle cure with dozens of people jumping on the bandwagon. Only to realize it broke them out severely. They were having fairly large doses. Not just sprinkling a bit on their oatmeal. If you search, you should find a really long thread.

Most likely it's the estrogenic effects that break out some but may make others better.

thanks girls...Ive stopped the flax several days ago but still woke this morning to small red welt on my lower jaw/neckline..I had to take an antibiotic for the last week due to a massive infection from a root canal...Im off everything now and feel like I'm back to square one wth everything I've tried. Red face, clogged pores, red welts on jaw and cheeks...This is after 6 months of a good diet..

Dotty, I really think Im going to try no grains at all for a week and see what happens..I only eat brown rice but have it at least 3-4 times a week. as well as rice cakes daily. Its the only thing I havent cut out of my diet. I dont eat eggs as I know they are a problems for me. I dont do nuts or seeds and am at a loss as to what to eat for breakfast and lunch? Ive lost 35 lbs already and am wasting away. Could this be candida? My tongue had a whitish coating to it this morning and is dry but i've had alot going on in my mouth in the last week. I googled some pics of thrush but mine didnt resemble any of them.

thanks girls...Ive stopped the flax several days ago but still woke this morning to small red welt on my lower jaw/neckline..I had to take an antibiotic for the last week due to a massive infection from a root canal...Im off everything now and feel like I'm back to square one wth everything I've tried. Red face, clogged pores, red welts on jaw and cheeks...This is after 6 months of a good diet..

Dotty, I really think Im going to try no grains at all for a week and see what happens..I only eat brown rice but have it at least 3-4 times a week. as well as rice cakes daily. Its the only thing I havent cut out of my diet. I dont eat eggs as I know they are a problems for me. I dont do nuts or seeds and am at a loss as to what to eat for breakfast and lunch? Ive lost 35 lbs already and am wasting away. Could this be candida? My tongue had a whitish coating to it this morning and is dry but i've had alot going on in my mouth in the last week. I googled some pics of thrush but mine didnt resemble any of them.

First things first, after that antibiotic treatment, it may be a good idea to start taking probiotics to restore all the good bacteria in your body. Antibiotics are super harsh, as I'm sure you already know, they are indiscriminate murderers. :) If you don't want pills I'd start eating sauerkraut with every meal, or some other cultured, fermented foods. You can even make it yourself! The one thing by FAR that is missing from the typical western diet is cultured foods.

I'd cut out your grains for a little while, they're quite difficult on the body to digest. At least until you feel you've become stronger, I think it'll give your tum a bit of a break. What about sugar? I saw that you're eating bananas, these and most fruits except berries are VERY SUGARY, and I'd suggest lowering your intake for a little while too.

There's a spit test you can do for candida overgrowth (we all have candida), though a white fuzzy tongue upon waking is one of the symptoms. Try it: http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/candida-test.html

Are you a vegetarian? If not, why not a meat and a veg for meals? When I go to the butcher I usually buy a couple chicken legs, they're easy to fry up and have with some steamed broccoli, or something. You might want to try making stew, portioning it out and eating it through the week, etc. It might be a little bland at first, but once you get used to eating conscientiously, experimentation will come naturally.

Another good place to get omega-3 is in chia seeds. Similar to flax, but I don't think has the phytoestrogen properties that makes flax troublesome.

How does sauerkraut help? I also have been taking probioticss for quite sometime. I have not heard about chia seeds. I might have to check that out. I just started taking evening primrose oil again.

I dont eat eggs as I know they are a problems for me. I dont do nuts or seeds and am at a loss as to what to eat for breakfast and lunch?

Sweet potatoes are great for breakfast. Also coconut pancakes. See the Food and Recipe thread pinned under important topics. There are threads devoted to sweet potatoes, coconut and breakfast in general.

Hmm, although coconut pancake recipes you'll find there involve eggs. you'd have to find a substitute.

How does sauerkraut help? I also have been taking probioticss for quite sometime. I have not heard about chia seeds. I might have to check that out. I just started taking evening primrose oil again.

Sauerkraut is a fermented food so has probiotics, assuming you can find a brand packaged with the probiotics still alive. There's also hemp seed.