Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan Valmont

COULD SOAP be clearing my skin?!?!!!

Ok so i've broken out quite badly in the last week...but i tryed something i don't usually try..."SOAP"

Yeah i wash and clean myself blah blah..but i never use soap on my FACE...but after feeling real down i tryed it

Made it into a thick lather and really rubbed and spread it out all over my face

day 1: Soft skin...looks somewhat better

day 2: EVEN better looking...red marks fading

Ok i know people say soap doesn't help...but i can't exsplain any other reason why my face is starting to look clearer.

i'll post as i progress further

3rd day and my skin is looking even better....acept for some red marks

I heard "vita-k" can make red acne marks dissapear?...where in the uk would i get this product?.

You're not using any other topical or oral medications, just using soap? I think soap or any mild cleanser is good to keep the skin fresh and clean externally, while getting rid of the dead skin cells.. But as to killing acne, there's no active ingredient for it to kill the bacteria or fade the red marks.

I'm using Dove Sensitive Skin soap, it's nice stuff smile.gif I still use other treatments and topicals though, since that's what actually keeps me from breaking out.

Anyway, what were you using before?

If your old cleanser was medicated/exfoliative, it could have been too harsh on your skin. It probably dried out your skin (that's why the Dove would make it feel softer and healthier) and irritated it (making your red marks and overall skin color/texture look worse).

You're not using any other topical or oral medications, just using soap? I think soap or any mild cleanser is good to keep the skin fresh and clean externally, while getting rid of the dead skin cells.. But as to killing acne, there's no active ingredient for it to kill the bacteria or fade the red marks.

Ryan - I personally can't use Dove - I think the moisturizer in it and my skin don't agree with each other. Is Dove really a soap or a detergent, though? Most soaps are no longer soaps these days.

However, with that said, the best product I ever used was Ivory soap over anything else. And I've tried all the store bought to the department store to the natural alternative stuff. Recently I bought a soap called Face Doctor that supposedly helps acne. I have noticed a distinct difference - but I like to give a product a good three month run to make sure the product is working and I'm not just clearing up for some other unknown reason.

I'd take dye free and preferably fragrance free soap over just about anything else without question or thought, though.

day 5 and my face has seen a MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT...not just my acne,but my face looks really healthy looking aswell.

Not i've changed from dove to some other soap cartal or something along that name...as it's suppose to be better (anti-bacterial or something)

PLEASE TRY THIS GUYS!....if it works then it's gonna be great for you,if it doesn't your get a few more spots.

BUT it's worth a try right?!

You're talking about this, right?

user posted image

I've heard good things about it but I'm reluctant to try it since the ingredients:

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Sweet Almond Oil, Rosewood Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Rose Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

contain a lot of oil. And also the fact it's body soap. But yeah, glad you're seeing results. bb_smile.gif

1) Oil gets a bad wrap. Putting oil on your face will not guarentee a break out so stop being so goddamn paranoid.

2) Dove is pretty non-comedogenic. Go for it.

Yes, actually.

It probably irritates you less. Some people just shouldn't be using topicals because their skin's problem is just sporatic irration/hormonal problems. BP for this can sometimes make it worse (it did for me).

Well i think it's either day 6 or day 7...LOL

But where i had my red marks left over from abit of acne...have faded BIG TIME!...also i haven only had one new spot since the time i started using soap.

Also i forgot to tell you guys,the soap i'm using is designed to help the skin and acne.

Plus it has the ingredient that i've heard people mention about before "tea tree oil" in it.

Don't know if that's the reason why i'm seeing MAJOR changes for the good of my skin.

If this carry's on at the rate it's going...i'll be clear by this time next WEEK!

lol yeah dove is good but man gotta chill out here smile.gif the man took the time to awnser your question! where is the luv?