Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Victoria

My final thought on Accutane.

For six months Ive had extremely chapped lips, frequent headaches, paying attention problems, and embarrassment (initial breakouts) and although there was some improvement, I was under the impression that my skin would be nearly perfect and its not. I went from 8 zits to 4,big deal. Overall Im unhappy with accutane. Its such a big risk and for what? a couple less zits and a 25% chance it will fully return in a few months? Before accutane Id never experienced a cyst..now over a period of six months Ive had about 10 (even one on my arm!). Those initial breakouts were so so so so bad. I didnt go to school a whole week because of it so accutane has effected my school attendence too. Now I flush 10 times more than I used to, Ive been messing with my body with all these drugs. My skin doesnt even look healthier. Ill admit though there were a few days where my skin was great and I thought there was hope but the bad has out weighed the good, once again.

I hope accutane works out for the people who are trying it.

I just feel so lied too.

Im about ready to sue the dermatologist for emotional distress! mad.gif

and in addition- accutane did nothing for my blackheads and my HUGE pores, pretty much what it did was get rid of the huge red zits but what about the bumps and the blackheads!?

Well it does help many ppl and i am sorry it did not help you guys that great. Right now i am not accutane and i hope it works for me.

Sounds like you did something wrong, that shouldn't happen.....how long were you on it. I've been on it for almost 3 months and it has done wonders!

Accutane works for some people and not others. I think if its possible try and find another way of clearing your skin. But accutane does work wonders for most. For me it worked alright i guess. But it did mess with my life for a bit. I skipped school and failed classes and now i have severe scarring. Just depends on the person.