Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
redblouse

towel method...

Recently I found that taking a heavily damp white cotton towel and rubbing off all the dirts, and dead skin off my face, all the redness and pimples shrunk the next morning. I did this for a couple of days before I went to bed or whenever my face "feels" dirty. My face has cleared up drastically! I don't even use soaps, cleansers or any of that stuff anymore. I just use a fresh clean white hand towel and start rubbing my face with it.

You have to keep rubbing the wet towel until you don't see any more traces of dirt. You will be amazed to see how much makeup and dirt could possibly stick to your face. So it takes awhile to get it all off. I do this while I watch TV or on the computer. I can't belive how easy and simple this is...

It's made my face feel so supple and clean. I also put a fresh fluffy cotton clean towel on my pillow at night to let my skin breathe and suck up excess oils.

Thought I'd like to share.

This sounds good. It keeps all the cleaning action up on the surface and doesn't strip the oil out of the inside of your skin.

i've done that using a cotton pad with some witch hazel on it and was surprised how much muck and dirt kept coming off....using a DRY pad following the one saturated with the witch hazel did the trick and then i'd cleanse my face. really made my face feel smoother and decreased blackheads/clogged pores but i haven't been consisten doing this...laziness or looking for better methods I guess

just how "bad" was your acne? cause like danorthface said, rubbing hard with towels and stuff could tremendously irritate the skin and make it worse. and how many clean towels do you keep in stock? biggrin.gif

Rubbing towles on your face is probally the worst thing you can do. Don't be suprised when you breakout like mad in few days.

The results you have might just be temporary, kinda like going into the sun with no sunscreen, clear you current acne up, next week is twice as bad.

Just my 2 cents