Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

@Erik,

The symptoms you speak of are commonly discussed side effects of Accutane.

Please report your side effects to medwatch or RxISK.org, even the embarrassing ones.

A doctor is legally able to use his or her own discretion when determining whether or not to file an adverse-event report.

Sexual side effects from Accutane are extremely under-reported. It is unlikely a medical professional will take your claims of ejaculatory disorders at face value.

Look up "Hans Petersen Accutane", another story of a few pills seriously harming someone.

There was also a young woman previously active in this thread who has long-term damage from only 5 pills.

Neither your derm nor your pcp know how the drugs works, so who are they to dismiss the possibility it is at fault?

There is no guarantee that you will recover, but don't assume the worst yet.

Might be best to give it another month and see if your situation improves before panicking.

Edited by Dubya_B

anybody? any help or info on my above post..ohh another freak and scary side? it seems i no longer pre-ejaculate... wtf!!??? I'm really freaking out now. seems like i'm getting all the sides from this crap and just 3 weeks after 5 total pills!

have you noticed any genital numbness or libido issues?

It's hard to tell at this point but something doesn't seem right down there. I woke up today w a rash on my right arm.. add that to my continued dry irritated eyes, joint muscle pain, hair loss, and overall fatigue and depression. Wow the fing gift that just keeps ongiving . I feel like my life has been derailed. I have no want to do anything I have to force myself to work.. how the hell can a Dr give me this for moderate acne and sleep at night , I feel like I'm stuck in a nightmare

@Erik,

The symptoms you speak of are commonly discussed side effects of Accutane.

Please report your side effects to medwatch or RxISK.org, even the embarrassing ones.

A doctor is legally able to use his or her own discretion when determining whether or not to file an adverse-event report.

Sexual side effects from Accutane are extremely under-reported. It is unlikely a medical professional will take your claims of ejaculatory disorders at face value.

Look up "Hans Petersen Accutane", another story of a few pills seriously harming someone.

There was also a young woman previously active in this thread who has long-term damage from only 5 pills.

Neither your derm nor your pcp know how the drugs works, so who are they to dismiss the possibility it is at fault?

There is no guarantee that you will recover, but don't assume the worst yet.

Might be best to give it another month and see if your situation improves before panicking.

Thank you for your reply. That's what I hoping is this nightmare is temporary, but the research and reading I been doing honestly is scaring the hell out of me. I agree I should try not to panic but it's easier said than done! Ofcourse my acne has came back full force which I expected due to the fact I discontinued the poison and seriously lesson learned because at this point I could care less about acne it's the very LEAST of my problems now. If we could only turn back time.. That being said I was hoping and wishing and ecstatic to see my acne and facial oil return, because my self theory was that would be a sign that the poison has left my body, but unfortunately although my oil and acne is back to the state of pre-accutane all the symptoms continue and seem to be getting worse. I'm sorry for the babbling but I feel so alone and I have no one to vent this to because unless you suffer this like we do people just don't understand. I have family members that brush it off as it's in your head or you read too much on the internet, but I'm 39yrs old I know my body and how it normally acts and feels and this is not normal for me in any sense of the word.

Hi everybody,

I'm new but in fact I've been visiting this thread for like 2 years.. trying to find out what is wrong with me..

I'm a 26 y young male, took accutane at 19..

Since then I'm quite fu$k3d..

symptoms:

- sleep is useless (I wake up several times and I'm very annoyed.. I hate sleep even though I'm mostly tired)

- fatigue most of the time

- sexual problems (I'm better now ... a little like 70%)

- trouble concentrating or doing anything and I loved to do alot of stuff .. programming web design playing basketball ..

- bone loss and muscle loss (i've used to work out and yea..)

- unable to grow a beard (this can be related since it's not usual in my family)

- social anxiety.. i don't really want to go out there :/

- blue nails (circulation problems? maybe adrenal problems?..)

- my TSH is high (4.3) - some doctors believe that this is okish..

- my calcium is high 10.2 - also some doctors believe this is okish..

what i've tried:

- supplements.. alot of them.. most of them (D, B Complex, K2, Selenium, Magnesium, Zinc, .. most of them)

- diets (paleo, drlwilson diet, all fruit diet, vegan diet, vegetarian diet and now I follow some principles of ray peat - raypeat.com, peatarian.com)

- i had two surgeries.. i thought I couldn't sleep because of a sleep apnea caused by my tonsils so I had them removed and also fixed my deviated septum.. I feel somehow better.. helped like 10%

- tried to do some yoga, meditation, reading, anything

- i tried CBD oil.. meh nothing much or maybe I haven't tried it long enough

- right now I'm trying some NDT from Thailand (natural dessicated thyroid) + pregnenolone / k2 / vit e i take them in cycle

I am curious if you guys have your calcium level high? Because from what I've been reading I might suffer from "hyperparathyroidysm". To be honest I would be glad to suffer from that and fix it with a (3rd) surgery.. lol

Good luck guys keep it up!

ps: sometimes when you guys show off your health freak potential.. you make me feel great.. I think this drug would be great to test on GP's.. maybe they would be so health concerned as we are lol

ps2: i don't like that anonyy guy

You have a parathyroid issue. Get parathyroid hormone tested alongside calcium. Your doctors are idiots for ignoring it, by the way. A good resource I use is parathyroid.com, or google it or something. It has all the information on that crud.

Hi everybody,

I'm new but in fact I've been visiting this thread for like 2 years.. trying to find out what is wrong with me..

I'm a 26 y young male, took accutane at 19..

Since then I'm quite fu$k3d..

symptoms:

- sleep is useless (I wake up several times and I'm very annoyed.. I hate sleep even though I'm mostly tired)

- fatigue most of the time

- sexual problems (I'm better now ... a little like 70%)

- trouble concentrating or doing anything and I loved to do alot of stuff .. programming web design playing basketball ..

- bone loss and muscle loss (i've used to work out and yea..)

- unable to grow a beard (this can be related since it's not usual in my family)

- social anxiety.. i don't really want to go out there :/

- blue nails (circulation problems? maybe adrenal problems?..)

- my TSH is high (4.3) - some doctors believe that this is okish..

- my calcium is high 10.2 - also some doctors believe this is okish..

what i've tried:

- supplements.. alot of them.. most of them (D, B Complex, K2, Selenium, Magnesium, Zinc, .. most of them)

- diets (paleo, drlwilson diet, all fruit diet, vegan diet, vegetarian diet and now I follow some principles of ray peat - raypeat.com, peatarian.com)

- i had two surgeries.. i thought I couldn't sleep because of a sleep apnea caused by my tonsils so I had them removed and also fixed my deviated septum.. I feel somehow better.. helped like 10%

- tried to do some yoga, meditation, reading, anything

- i tried CBD oil.. meh nothing much or maybe I haven't tried it long enough

- right now I'm trying some NDT from Thailand (natural dessicated thyroid) + pregnenolone / k2 / vit e i take them in cycle

I am curious if you guys have your calcium level high? Because from what I've been reading I might suffer from "hyperparathyroidysm". To be honest I would be glad to suffer from that and fix it with a (3rd) surgery.. lol

Good luck guys keep it up!

ps: sometimes when you guys show off your health freak potential.. you make me feel great.. I think this drug would be great to test on GP's.. maybe they would be so health concerned as we are lol

ps2: i don't like that anonyy guy

Hey man

when u say you have tried dr wilsons diet do you mean the nutrional balancing program he recomends? I think it takes about a year to do properly.

I'm going to put this bluntly ACCUTANE = CHEMO TORTURE and thus symptom management nothing more nothing less.

And Allopathic medicine = modern day SNAKE OIL.

Edited by Gladiatoro

It damages after 5 pills?

In my case I drank high volume alcohol several times during 2 months period of accutane (votka, beer, wine etc). I had no diet. I thought I damaged my liver. But after 5 pills, can it be a liver damage?

Btw. Guys my night vision decreased, cars in the back mirror are just two spots of light. Double vision and dryness do not go away. I went to a doctor, he said nothing is wrong and I have to use eye drops. I have been diagnosed with b12 and vit D shortage. Now as night vision problems mostly occur due to the lack of vitA, I think there is something wrong with vitamin usage in my body. Earlier posts mentioned about that; body reacts badly to vitA intake, in the meantime there is lack of vitamin A.

I post to many other forums that accutane is poison, but people do not listen. They ask me to leave the forum. We should make our sound higher. I started to use this poison in january. If I heard about these side effects before I wouldnt start. I take a little responsibility that new sufferers use this drug because we were not able to make our sound higher. I will write my story and post to the biggest newspapers, may be one of the paper will publish it, or make an interview with me.. I already saved one girl in my office, she was not sure about using accutane and after my effort, she did not start accutane. Now she is ok, she made some diet and sunbath thing, she no more needs accutane..

I still can not believe, is it so easy? If I punch somebody in the street I will be sued and punished. Somebody took our happy lives and we can not do something. Especially my derm, I am sure he is happy now. I wrote him and his response is that everything has a risk. You take risk even when you travel by plane. Accutane was the risk and you may be the unlucky. Fuck you. You should have warned me about the risks.. I am very angry, I hope that my interviews will be on the news, not something like "patient killed dr"..

The best part of the entire travesty is that we have gotten nowhere really after 30 years.

No acceptance of a link between Accutane and many of its side effects, sparse and incomplete scientific investigation into the causes of side effects, and no reliable treatments for most of its side effects.

Seek medical attention for permanent sexual side effects, expect to be laughed out of every physician's office.

Complain of severe side effects after a few pills, expect to be laughed out of every physician's office.

Commit suicide to escape the side effects of Accutane, expect the blame to be shifted elsewhere.

Seek help from family and friends, expect to see many eye rolls.

We got fucked and are expected to take it in stride.

Edited by Dubya_B

Btw. Guys my night vision decreased, cars in the back mirror are just two spots of light. Double vision and dryness do not go away. I went to a doctor, he said nothing is wrong and I have to use eye drops. I have been diagnosed with b12 and vit D shortage. Now as night vision problems mostly occur due to the lack of vitA, I think there is something wrong with vitamin usage in my body. Earlier posts mentioned about that; body reacts badly to vitA intake, in the meantime there is lack of vitamin A.

night vision impairment can unfortunately be permanent.How long is it since you took this poison?

I was taking alcohol while on accutane too.

I have seen other posts on the internet about men having sexual sides with alcohol and accutane.

Alcohol might be increasing the toxicity even with low doses.

It damages after 5 pills?
In my case I drank high volume alcohol several times during 2 months period of accutane (votka, beer, wine etc). I had no diet. I thought I damaged my liver. But after 5 pills, can it be a liver damage?

I post to many other forums that accutane is poison, but people do not listen. They ask me to leave the forum. We should make our sound higher. I started to use this poison in january. If I heard about these side effects before I wouldnt start. I take a little responsibility that new sufferers use this drug because we were not able to make our sound higher. I will write my story and post to the biggest newspapers, may be one of the paper will publish it, or make an interview with me.. I already saved one girl in my office, she was not sure about using accutane and after my effort, she did not start accutane. Now she is ok, she made some diet and sunbath thing, she no more needs accutane..

I still can not believe, is it so easy? If I punch somebody in the street I will be sued and punished. Somebody took our happy lives and we can not do something. Especially my derm, I am sure he is happy now. I wrote him and his response is that everything has a risk. You take risk even when you travel by plane. Accutane was the risk and you may be the unlucky. Fuck you. You should have warned me about the risks.. I am very angry, I hope that my interviews will be on the news, not something like "patient killed dr"..

night vision impairment can unfortunately be permanent.How long is it since you took this poison?

Yeah it may be permanent, no suprise.

The weird thing is, during Jan and Feb (2 months where I used accutane 40mg/day) I had the typicall side effects. After I stopped (due to sexual crash), the other side effects came up. Night vision problem came after months I stopped the drug.

Yes ,it is strange cause many side effects appear after we stop taking the drug.How many months after stopping taking it did your night vision problem manifest?

Edited by levianthan

Yeah it may be permanent, no suprise.

The weird thing is, during Jan and Feb (2 months where I used accutane 40mg/day) I had the typicall side effects. After I stopped (due to sexual crash), the other side effects came up. Night vision problem came after months I stopped the drug.

Same with me, my night vision impairment came like 2 years after. It's never consistent either, it lasts for a couple months, then goes away for a couple months.

Accutane has epigenetic effects, plain and simple.

The following study is only a small fraction of those effects:

http://www.gastrojournal.org/article/S0016-5085%2814%2962351-9/pdf

Effects of Isotretinoin Treatment on Epigenetic Programming in T Cells
Eugenia Becker, Claudia Stanzel, Kirstin Atrott, Gerhard Rogler, Isabelle Frey-Wagner

Background: Retinoids are essential nutrients involved in the maturation of the immune
system. The majority of in vitro and in vivo studies provided evidence that retinoid treatment
exhibits anti-inflammatory properties and is effective acne therapy. However, there is a
controversial discussion about a causal relationship between isotretinoin treatment and the
onset of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Some patients have claimed that they developed
acute intestinal inflammation during isotretinoin treatment or had an onset of IBD weeks
or even years after cessation of the medication. We have previously shown that isotretinoin
treatment has no adverse effects in two mouse models of inflammatory bowel disease. Here
we investigated the influence of isotretinoin treatment on genetic imprinting in two T cells
subsets as a potential mediator of long-term effects of isotretinoin treatment on the immune
system. Methods Balb/c mice were treated with isotretinoin (30 mg/kg bodyweight) or vehicle
orally for 2 weeks and kept for further 4 weeks to study potential direct and long-term
effects. Naive T cells and regulatory T cells were isolated directly after the treatment period
and at the end of the study by magnetic cell sorting. After isolation of genomic DNA,
microRNA and mRNA, samples were sequenced with the Illumina® technique to study
changes in methylation patterns, microRNA and mRNA expression. For predicting target
genes of determined microRNAs the software Target Scan and Traget Scan Custom were
used. For identification of pathways significantly affected by isotretinoin treatment the
software Meta Core® was applied.

Results: Analysis of epigenetic modifications in naive and
regulatory T cells revealed potential long-term effects in both T cells subsets. In regulatory
T cells mainly the methylation pattern was altered in T cells isolated four weeks after cessation
of treatment. In naive T cells on the other hand predominantly microRNA expression was
altered in T cells isolated after four weeks without treatment. Pathway analysis by Meta
Core® revealed that pathways of immune responses, concerning antigen presentation and
T helper cell differentiation were affected. Further functional analysis of affected pathways
is currently under investigation.

Conclusions: Preliminary results identified changes in methyl-
ation pattern and microRNA expression in naive and regulatory T cells which might mediate
potential long-term effects after isotretinoin treatment, yet differences between the different
T cell subsets were far more pronounced than differences induced by isotretinoin treatment.

Edited by Dubya_B

Accutane is the easily the worst thing I have ever encounted.

After taking it I developed a real bad stutter, that comes along every 5 or so words.

I don't grow a beard. My dad does. I have ED. My scalp flakes all the time and is always itchy. I have persistent eye floaters. No muscle mass what so ever. Find it impossible to gain weight. Peeling lips. Terrible anxiety. No confidence and I still have acne. WTF ! I was frothing on life before this drug. Pretty low on life. It's so hard to improve post accutane

Dubya_B that's a very good find and it confirms my belief about epigenetic changes in the immune system.It's nice to see studies starting coming out which shed light on the real causes of our longterm side effects.If T cells are affected then this explains the link between autoimmune diseases and isotretinoin.Before accutane i also had noticed that whenever i got the flu(which means immune system activation) my acne cleared and my libido dropped.I believe our immune system has become permanently overreactive post accutane and that is why many of us get autoimmune diseases and that's why we have a permanent libido drop.I also believe that these changes in the immune system are induced through the brain as brain and immune system are very closely related and communicate via neuroendocrine signals(e.g:psychiatric disease and autoimmunity connection) and this explains the many psychiatric side effects like depression etc that we get.

Edited by levianthan

hello guys,

i would like to share my success story with you.I was suffering from chronic low libido which i am sure was caused by accutane.I experienced complete absence of sexual sensation on my genitals and as a result erectile dysfunction and difficulty having an orgasm.After i stopped taking accutane my symptoms strangely got worse as the time passed instead of improving.I tried various things to reverse my libido loss such as healthy diet,some drugs that were supposed to help improve libido, but nothing worked.I then found a report in the internet about dr. Pezzi who has written the book ''the science of sex'' and claimed that he reversed his libido loss caused by accutane by taking the drug finasteride.I was determined to find a solution to my problem so i decided to try it.I began taking 1mg/day and then slowly increased to 5mg/day.I took it for a total of 5 months.During that time i started experiencing a return of my acne which was accompanied by a small increase in libido and a slight return of sexual sensation.I continued taking it as long as i noticed some positive effects.The big surprise happened when i decided to stop taking the drug.I experienced a huge increase in libido,sexual sensation and acne.My spontaneous and morning erections which were gone since i had taken accutane came back and i no longer had problems reaching an orgasm.I don't know what exactly this drug did to my system but it worked.6 months have passed since i stopped taking finasteride and i still experience all the positive effects,so i believe the effects are permanent.I now feel like a normal man of my age(i am 28 years old).The only side effect i had was the return of acne but i believe that has to do with the return of my libido but i prefer having acne and a healthy libido than having no acne and no libido.

And how are things so far my friend? I have been reading so many threads and you seem the only one who was able to magically reverse the side affects of accutane as the drug magically stole our sex drive away.

Honestly I'd read through the 253 pages of ideas to the solution but Accutane CHANGES you. This thread is completely just.... eh. It is great and all in the light of hope, and definatly caught my attention awhile back. Unfortunately though after chemo It is too late, maybe in the second life? All I know is that at some point in my life something major will happen to this, whether it be death or what I do not know. There is no way I will continue living feeling this depleted and achy, it's hard to word but it is just how it is. Anyone is welcome to message me about anything.

Edit: A note on suppliments, forget about them. It is nothing but more crap you are putting into your body ESPECIALLY the worst are the common letter vitamins, A,B,C,D,E... Taking these will just throw your body farther away from ITS OWN natural equilibrium.

/Thread

Edited by awashington

Now what...nobody even talk about RSO...? no news...improvements...nothing?my plants are growing ok...a month ago I started to experience muscle twitching and atrophy...i'm really fucked up right now...i can't take it anymore...emotionaly.. :(