Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
isixes27ce

Need Help: Dark Skin with Acne Scars,PICS INCLUDED.

Hi, my name is Casey. I'm new to the forum but have been lurking around a few times. I decided to join. So this is my sad depressing story.

I have never really had a problem with acne. But I am not perfect. I would get that 1 pimple once in a while because of poor diet, pillow cases, and hair products. I also had a poor acne IQ. Which resulted in me popping these pimples: ..mostly whiteheads...BIG MISTAKE!!!

So I woke up this morning all tired and stuff and decided to take pics.

My Problem: - If you look at the first two pics you can see that my skin tone is so uneven. You can see it around my eyes, my cheeks, around my mouth. It's hideous. Mind you, I just woke up.

I woke up opened up the blinds to get the sunlight directly in my face and zoomed in as much as I could when taking the pictures

post-149872-1304143436_thumb.jpg

post-149872-1304143479_thumb.jpg

- Another problem I have that I freaking hate is if you look at my nose. You can see my pores stick out. When I put pressure on it. I can see oil, white heads, come out

- On top of that. I look a damn idiot. MY NOSE IS LIGHTER THAN MY FACE?

But when I'm in light my skin hides the flaws????

post-149872-1304143505_thumb.jpg

Also is it common to have you face darker than your body like mine? Like in this image?

post-149872-1304143532_thumb.jpg

What I want to know how can I get my skin back to when it was nice and even toned?

I am using proactive at night as a maintenance product. And I'm using Clearasil 3-1 cleanser in the morning. I started working out so I get my water, 2-3 liters a day. I don't drink milk. I also used Aveno daily moisturizer with SPF 15. It says that is suppose to heal my skin and make it nice and even tone. I've been using it for a month and I don't see anything.

I'm tired of people telling me skin looks good. When I know I have flaws. Yeah lighting does a good job of taking away the imperfections. But as you see as I zoomed in....It does not look good.

I'm considering getting African Black Soap and Shea Butter to use.

This was me a month ago, when my hair was short and stuff.

post-149872-1304144154_thumb.jpgpost-149872-1304144181_thumb.jpg

I want what I had a month ago. Maybe I have always had discolored skin. I don't know. I think the lighting effects it. Look how in my avatar I look so much lighter. But now that I know I have dark spots, I want to get rid of them. Even if lighting can hide it, that's not good enough.

post-149872-1304143436_thumb.jpg

post-149872-1304143479_thumb.jpg

post-149872-1304143505_thumb.jpg

post-149872-1304143532_thumb.jpg

post-149872-1304144154_thumb.jpg

post-149872-1304144181_thumb.jpg

Edited by isixes27ce

Okay for some reason when I post a link it does not work?

imageonekc.th.jpg

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Started-A...rg-t260874.html

To add a picture to your post: Image tags (%7Boption%7D) have been disabled for some time, but you can add a picture to your post as an attachment by using the 'Attachments' tool, located directly under the text field when you're making a post. Simply upload the picture straight from your computer, use 'Manage Current Attachments' to add it to your post, and it will add a thumbnail image to your post (clicking on the image in the post will open a full size version of the image).

; )

Thanks. I corrected my mistake.

From research I've been told that Hydro quine, black soap and shea butter may work. I don't know that is why I'm here. Plus the word butter scars me.

Edited by isixes27ce

Guest Timehealsall
Thanks. I corrected my mistake.

From research I've been told that Hydro quine, black soap and shea butter may work. I don't know that is why I'm here. Plus the word butter scars me.

hey bro.

I don't think you will get any responses here because:

A) Your skin looks better than normal iMO. Your discoloration is very very minimal.. the most minor imho. And if you do indeed have discoloration from acne.. it will go away eventually.

Good luck

honestly, i don't know what causes the discoloration that you have. you could try tanning those areas or using some makeup

it is normal for your facial skin to be slightly darker than the skin on your neck and body

sorry i couldn't be of much help, best to see a dermatologist

I think it is normal for your face to be darker than your body. Your face is exposed to the sun every time you go out, but the rest of you is exposed only when you're not wearing a shirt. Do you use sunscreen on your face? If not, maybe that would help decrease the rate at which your face is tanning. Or wear a brimmed hat. Since you're dark skinned lasers are too risky, but maybe you could try a series of light peels to address your other concerns.

Your skin is relatively perfect. Stop wasting your time lurking around here unless youre looking for just simple ways to take care of your skin. Dont go around f*cking with your skin, youll regret it.

Well, I'm not sure how much this helps, but....

A few days ago, Oprah had her dermatologist on her show. He's been treating her for years and specializes in African American skin and getting an "even tone." His name is Dr. Harold Lancer.

The show:

http://www.oprah.com/health/How-to-Look-an...Years-Younger/5

His website:

http://www.lancerdermatology.com/

Since the show aired, his products have been sold out.

And this is the site Oprah created to purchase them.. again, sold out.

http://shop20yearsyounger.com/skincare.html

The 3 products Dr. Lancer suggested, which Oprah uses, to regenerate an even tone are:

Polish Exfoliator

http://shop20yearsyounger.com/skincare/pol...a-minerals.html

Acne Exfoliator

http://shop20yearsyounger.com/skincare/cle...ng-blemish.html

Nourish (you could probably skip this one.. since it's more for 'wrinkles')

http://shop20yearsyounger.com/skincare/rep...ourishment.html

I can't vouch for these products, but I was impressed with the show and that she'd used them for so many years.. and her skin looks great.

Edit: Hydroquinone is essentially a skin lightener. I've used it for years. I know there are some African Americans who use it, but they have to work with a doctor who really knows what they're doing, due to it being a lightener. Fwiw.

Edited by L0VE

Guest DellHell

I don't see any problems...

Dude you must be depressed and taking it out on your skin cuz your skin looks great. Get laid man!!!

Thanks guys...I guess?? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I just feel my skin is not perfect. Or should be the way it needs to be.

Like I noticed based on light that is present my skin looks different. Like sometimes I can see the dark spots in certain lighting and in others it looks like my skin if flawless. Like in my avatar my skin looks nice, but thats because of lighting. In other lighting it looks less appealing imo. I just want to get rid of the dark spots.

And what about reducing the size of pores. Sometimes I can see the pores on my nose. If you look you can see them too. When I squeeze it I can see whiteheads pop up and stuff. and oil.

Look at the first two pics in that lighting compared to the others. The first two shoe the discoloration/scars.

But you guys have been on the forum longer than I have.

If you say its fine, I will believe you and try to accept that.

Has me looking in the mirror every two seconds.

Edited by isixes27ce