Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mini Me.

ANYONE BEEN ON LOW DOSE ACCUTANE FOR MILD ACNE AND BEING A PICKER?

Hey anyone been on accutane for mild acne to prevent scarring if you were a skin picker i have mild acne, but i severely pick my skin im going going on a low dose next week. will it help or just make me worse pleaseeee help. I'm driving myself insane.

hey just wondered does anyone know if if accutane will help my mild acne. the reason im going on it is because i have pickers acne which means i aggravate my odd pimples and break out in lots more do you think it will help me? Im goin on 20mg a day. Thanks :)

Will accutane work even thought my skin is not in the slightest bit oily? if you need a pic to judge ask me

Here are my thoughts from a long time skin picker who is hoping to get accutane in a couple weeks when I see my derm.

If the accutane clears your acne, will you still pick if you have nothing left to pick at?

With oral antibiotics and topicals I found I spend a lot less time picking simply because there are less lesions to pick at. Most people see a big improvement with accutane, so there is really no reason you shouldn't also expect to see good results. If you give it time, I bet you will also realize your picking improves when there is less/nothing to pick at.

Edited by david594

Here are my thoughts from a long time skin picker who is hoping to get accutane in a couple weeks when I see my derm.

If the accutane clears your acne, will you still pick if you have nothing left to pick at?

With oral antibiotics and topicals I found I spend a lot less time picking simple because there are less lesions to pick at. Most people see a big improvement with accutane, so there is really no reason you shouldn't also expect to see good results. If you give it time, I bet you will also realize your picking improves when there is less/nothing to pick at.

Thank you so much for your response, i have 5 really sore scabs on my face at the moment from severe skin picking. my acne is only very mild but looks severe after a pick. I also don't have oily skin at all, do you think it will help as i don't have oily skin?

Oh i hope you get your script for accutane. What mg do you think you will need?

Thank you so much for your response, i have 5 really sore scabs on my face at the moment from severe skin picking. my acne is only very mild but looks severe after a pick. I also don't have oily skin at all, do you think it will help as i don't have oily skin?

Accutane effects the sebaceous glands in a few ways, one of the more obvious being the reduction in oil production which everyone knows it for. How it does this though is by reducing the rate that cells in the sebaceous gland multiply. This is the change that(at least from my understanding) is really the biggest benefit of accutane, and as such can help people both with and without oily skin to begin with. So I'd expect that you will still see positive results with time.

I told my Doctor I would like Accutane the last time I was there(only my second visit), and he wanted to try an additional topical med before we went to it. I am a 165lb (~75kg) male, so I'd expect to be started on a dose anywhere between 10 - 40 mg per day for the first month depending on my derms style and opinion on the best course of treatment.

Edited by david594

Accutane effects the sebaceous glands in a few ways, one of the more obvious being the reduction in oil production which everyone knows it for. How it does this though is by reducing the rate that cells in the sebaceous gland multiply. This is the change that(at least from my understanding) is really the biggest benefit of accutane, and as such can help people both with and without oily skin to begin with. So I'd expect that you will still see positive results with time.

I told my Doctor I would like Accutane the last time I was there(only my second visit), and he wanted to try an additional topical med before we went to it. I am a 165lb (~75kg) male, so I'd expect to be started on a dose anywhere between 10 - 40 mg per day for the first month depending on my derms style and opinion on the best course of treatment.

Im so dumb, so if i dont really produce a lot of oil how will accutane help me? im so blonde haha.

Yes my doctor put me on antibiotics for 2 years. He wouldn't refer me to a dermatologist for accutane so i had to go private.

Its so hard to get accutane in the uk. You got any tips on healing my open sores?

Thank you i have no idea how to use this properly yet haha

Haha, you'll get there. It just takes a little getting used to. If you ever need any help with anything, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm here pretty much every day. ; )