Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys. I've been on Proactiv for a month and a half. After using the reccommened "Pea Sized" amount of BP and seeing no improvement, I decided to use a whole heap of it on my face for the last 2 weeks.

Holy crap did that make a difference, my skin is the clearest I've seen in a while.

However, it's lead me to a problem. I live in Australia and ordering Dans regime isn't really cost effective (I thinks it close to $100 and 3 weeks wait.) I was wondering if Australian users could post the BP they use. I can't find Netrogena on the Spot anywhere (Kmart, Coles, Pharmacy) and the Proactiv lotion is pretty expensive for the small amount it comes in.

So yeah, much appreciated guys and I'd like to thank dan and everyone for helping me through this problem. Long time lurker :P

Have you come across Benzac AC? That's been my go-to BP for a couple of years now and I find it pretty effective and less harsh than some other BP lotions/creams that I've used in the past. I'm actually from NZ but I'm pretty sure it's also available throughout Australia. Maybe check out your nearest pharmacy and see if they stock it. If not, I think you can buy it from one of the many online pharmacy sites. Oh, forgot to add, I use the 2.5% version, which is good enough for me but they also have 5% and 10%.

You can find Benzac AC in chemists. I've found it to be quite harsh though. I love Paula's Choice CLEAR Acne Fighting Treatment. It's more gentle but more expensive. You can get it at paulaschoice.com.au

Hi

I've tried Neutrogena Rapid Clear gel. It's the best I would say

I haven't seen it in Coles for a while but you can get it on eBay pretty cheap and I've found it in other supermarkets and sometimes at Australian owned discount stores. Sometimes it comes in a tiny box or in a big box with cleanser.

If you use this, it can take a few weeks to work, may get worse before it gets better but I found it really works well :)

Definitely look at Benzac AC 2.5% BP. :D That's the best stuff for the price. It is harsh if you get it at a higher percentage, but the 2.5% is gentle enough. There's supposed to be small moisturizing beads in it, it's not quite as smooth as Dan's but it's pretty good.