Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
logan#4

Tired of My Mild Acne...

I'm 15 years old, and only started getting acne in 8th grade. I'm nearing the end of 9th grade now and I want to put a stop to it because I'm not happy with the way I look with acne...so please help.

My regime:

I don't do anything in the morning. I stopped using my topical pledgets in the morning because I noticed they just made my skin look dry and red all day at school.

At night, before I take my shower, I apply BenzEFoam Ultra (BP 9.8%) to my face and leave it on for 2 minutes, and then wash it off in the shower. After my shower I apply Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution Pledgets (1%) to my face. I wait for my skin to feel dry after that, then I apply Tazorac Cream (.1%). My acne is not clearing up at all. This is the regime my dermatologist told me to be on, and all these products were prescribed by her. I personally think she doesn't know what she's doing after reading around on this website, but that's for you to tell me.

EDIT: Forgot to include, I also take an anti-bacterial pill every night before I go to bed. Sorry I don't know the name or anything.

Here's a picture of the worst spots of my acne (there's a little more on other areas of my face, but this is the worst. The rest is all faded):post-149693-1303857990_thumb.jpg

Please help! I've tried ProActiv before and that worked for only about a month! Please help so I don't have to visit the dermatologist again...she sucks! :razz:

Edited by logan#4

I'm 15 years old, and only started getting acne in 8th grade. I'm nearing the end of 9th grade now and I want to put a stop to it because I'm not happy with the way I look with acne...so please help.

My regime:

I don't do anything in the morning. I stopped using my topical pledgets in the morning because I noticed they just made my skin look dry and red all day at school.

At night, before I take my shower, I apply BenzEFoam Ultra (BP 9.8%) to my face and leave it on for 2 minutes, and then wash it off in the shower. After my shower I apply Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution Pledgets (1%) to my face. I wait for my skin to feel dry after that, then I apply Tazorac Cream (.1%). My acne is not clearing up at all. This is the regime my dermatologist told me to be on, and all these products were prescribed by her. I personally think she doesn't know what she's doing after reading around on this website, but that's for you to tell me.

EDIT: Forgot to include, I also take an anti-bacterial pill every night before I go to bed. Sorry I don't know the name or anything.

Here's a picture of the worst spots of my acne (there's a little more on other areas of my face, but this is the worst. The rest is all faded):post-149693-1303857990_thumb.jpg

Please help! I've tried ProActiv before and that worked for only about a month! Please help so I don't have to visit the dermatologist again...she sucks! :razz:

Probably hormones at your age. Get a derm that will take blood samples and will determine whats wrong. The only way to cure acne is from the inside. Try taking fish oil pills 1300mg 3x a day, along with a multivitamin and 50g zinc a day. Break the zinc pill in half. Take 25mg when you wake up and 25mg when you go to bed. Taking the entire 50mg can make you nauseous, but breaking it half I found helps. The zinc and fish oil are both anti inflammatories, also the fish oil helps fight off infections of the skin and is great for the skin period. Look into it.

I have the answer for you *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.*

It worked for me and it will work for you. I have mild acne and within 3 weeks bam!!!! I had hope of feeling good again about my complexion. They have a money back guarantee so if anything visit there website. You will not be sorry

Best of luck!!!

if acne is not genetic, lose the products. MILD CLEANSING 2x a day , water, healthy diet.

if acne is genetic, change the dose of taz, switch to diff topical, final resort acc?

Personally I use PanOxyl, Clean and Clear salicylic acid treatment, and a spectro gel cleanser as well as a scrub for blackheads from clean and clear (I find it get rid of any bumps on your skin and reduces blackheads)

This is basically the usual stuff people recommend Benzyl Peroxide and Salicylic acid. Remember that not all treatments are the same so just because one treatment with Benzyl Peroxide didn't seem to work for you doesn't mean this one won't! They'll all pretty cheap so I suggest you give them a try.

I also suggest you wash your face in the morning even if it just be plain water especially since some people can actually break out from washing their face too much!

Also be aware of your diet so the obvious oily food and sugars but, sometimes you can't control what you eat but it's if you have the choice. Although this may not be the root problem for you.

It's good that you've gone to see a dermatologist and gotten pills even if you feel like they're not working. Personally I went through 1 round and a bit until mine REALLY started clearing up

Anyways good luck!