Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi smile.gif

Anyone who has been on/is on spiro;how did it work?Also did you get an initial breakout with it and if so,how long did it last?

Thanks smile.gif

Kelly,

Hi. First of all I've been on Spiro once a day 100mg for about a month and a half. I experienced no initial breakout. I actually have seen nothing but my skin becoming almost normal (oil-wise). I used to have the skin that I applied my makeup in the morning and then used blotting papers and powders at noon. However, I am also on Demulen/Zovia birth control and benzaclin and minocycline.

Spiro does taste like you're swallowing an altoid though haha Its a diuretic so you may find you need to go the bathroom more often in the first couple of weeks but that eventually wears off. Also if you're not on a birth control pill it could make your periods erratic or not even happen so that's why its usually prescribed along with a birth control pill. The doctor also told me the full effect won't show till at least 6 months, but at a month and a half I'm very happy with the current results.

There is also a forum going on in the Non Prescription Message Board regarding this topic and possible hairloss. However, I have not experienced any of that sort of problem so its just more information for you to consider.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck,

Rae