Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lilybee

Questions about shallow rolling scars/boxcars and hyperpigmentation

Okay question number one -

How likely is it that treatment for shallow rolling scars will have COMPLETE success (i.e. the skin will just look flat and smooth)? I'm pretty sure I have this patch of rolling scars on my right cheek but they disappear completely when I stretch the skin a little - is that a good sign? I do also have blackheads in that area which probably contribute to the uneven texture.

Number two -

How much does the appearance of scars improve when hyperpigmentation fades? On my other cheek I have a boxcar - it isn't huge, you wouldn't be able to see it if there were no hyperpigmentation, unless under the right lighting. I have a few on my cheek like that, not sure what type, they're not really red but more of a purply colour, from acne I had last December. I was obsessing over it at one point but I think that if it weren't for the darker colour, which is noticeable, I wouldn't really be that worried about it. Does this type of PIH sound like it might fade completely?

Number three - I also have a lot of tiny icepick scars along my hairline, just near my temples. Are there any chances that I could completely heal these two? They're not that big.

I won't be able to do anything now anyway as I still have acne, but it's good to know for the future :) Any help would be appreciated!

I have the same dark PIH have them since end of Feb. My derm says they'll go away with time but it'll take time months or even a year. I personally lost hope. Too depressing :( they're the result of severe deep nodular pimples I got in Feb. They were huge and swollen now I'm left with dark PIH spots I know they can be concealed with concealer but I want them to go away!!

Edited by Bonbonique

Okay question number one -

How likely is it that treatment for shallow rolling scars will have COMPLETE success (i.e. the skin will just look flat and smooth)? I'm pretty sure I have this patch of rolling scars on my right cheek but they disappear completely when I stretch the skin a little - is that a good sign? I do also have blackheads in that area which probably contribute to the uneven texture.

Number two -

How much does the appearance of scars improve when hyperpigmentation fades? On my other cheek I have a boxcar - it isn't huge, you wouldn't be able to see it if there were no hyperpigmentation, unless under the right lighting. I have a few on my cheek like that, not sure what type, they're not really red but more of a purply colour, from acne I had last December. I was obsessing over it at one point but I think that if it weren't for the darker colour, which is noticeable, I wouldn't really be that worried about it. Does this type of PIH sound like it might fade completely?

Number three - I also have a lot of tiny icepick scars along my hairline, just near my temples. Are there any chances that I could completely heal these two? They're not that big.

I won't be able to do anything now anyway as I still have acne, but it's good to know for the future :) Any help would be appreciated!

hi there go for the v beam it helps out with hyper pigmentation if not comlpetley gets rid of it....

thank me later =)