Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qwerasdf

wtf is going on?

so i got this cyst on my upper left cheek 2 months ago, but didnt do anything about it (and couldnt, since i was away traveling). it disappeared from the top of my skin in only 10 days or so, but the problem is the cyst literally went under my skin, and stayed there for a while. last month, the skin where the cyst used to be began sinking, and formed a crater-like hole on my cheek. I guess it's considered one of those atrophic scars. but, the problem is I dont know if the cyst tahts under my skin is even gone, because even tho i cant feel it, the skin surrouding that crater scar also seems to be sinking, like Im losing collagen or something. now, instead of a deep circular crater, I have a shallower but still obvious indented PATCH on my left cheek. I'm afraid the patch will grow and more of my left cheek is gonna get messed up...but I have to leave for college in a week and cant get an appointment with my derm for 3 months!

what kind of scarring do you think this is, and how can i treat it?? its totally scaring hte hell outta me

If you are really worried it will get worse, you can go to the ER and ask for treatment, insurance will cover it. Just go during the day so you don't have to wait as long. You just go as a walk in patient. They may just give you bactroban, but that will kill any infection. I've also called the derm before and said it was an emergency and sometimes they can try to squeeze you in. Definitely don't wait 3 months to treat it.

It's prolaby not an infection problem, just scars on my cheek that are deep enough to be noticed under a light. damn, i didnt know our skin was so thick sad.gif

I would make sure the emergency room visit will be covered by insurance before going, since often emergency room visits exceed $500 as soon as you walk in the door, even before you see anybody. At least you know what you will be getting yourself into then. If I was you, I'd consider getting another dermatologist too. There's no reason why you can't see two of them, but 3 months is a little crazy. Perhaps you could call your dermatologist, and explain the situation. He might write you a prescription that you can come in and pick up or something, or maybe call one in to the pharmacy.

qwerasdf, I'm afraid you may be experiencing collagen damage caused by the pressure of the cyst. In other words, you may be in the process of developing a scar that will stay with you forever unless you intervene. I would definitely get it seen as soon as you can. Tell your derm it's an emergency. If that doesn't work, go to another doctor. Good Luck!

qwerasdf, I'm afraid you may be experiencing collagen damage caused by the pressure of the cyst. In other words, you may be in the process of developing a scar that will stay with you forever unless you intervene. I would definitely get it seen as soon as you can. Tell your derm it's an emergency. If that doesn't work, go to another doctor. Good Luck!