Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s_s

stuck inside because of acne

really what kind of an accident if u dont mind me askin?and sorry to hear that but i am glad that ur staying positive ..and i will play that song when my acne goes away lol and celebrate it with some drink

It was a traffic accident. I got trown off of my bike at great speed and obviously I wasn't wearing a helmet. I'm lucky to be alive actually. I was 15 when it happened so that's 15 years ago now. lol

oh wow thats crazyyy but dont let the scar bother u u seem like a cool person i know its easier said than done but u know somebodies personality can always over shadow the looks,so enjoy life!

Screw it! Anybody in the la area who's interested in a little get together messAge me.

girl i had a quick look at ur pix and ur acne dont look bad at allll in the pix mine is alot worse than urs

really what kind of an accident if u dont mind me askin?and sorry to hear that but i am glad that ur staying positive ..and i will play that song when my acne goes away lol and celebrate it with some drink

It was a traffic accident. I got trown off of my bike at great speed and obviously I wasn't wearing a helmet. I'm lucky to be alive actually. I was 15 when it happened so that's 15 years ago now. lol

oh wow thats crazyyy but dont let the scar bother u u seem like a cool person i know its easier said than done but u know somebodies personality can always over shadow the looks,so enjoy life!

Hey thank you for saying that. :)

Lapis..... that's seriously hot. No joke. I mean I hope that doesn't offensive you or anything but men with scars like that. Yum. ;-) don't ever think somebody wouldn't date you because of that. You know Harrison does has something like that on his chin from falling on a toilet. ;-) and man o man. I would hesitate to marry him.... even now when he's older. ;-) and I think my dad either passes out or fell asleep nobody really knows. He had to be flown by a helicopter to the hospital. I know its strange that we never got injured. Makes you believe theres a higher power out there.

Thanks girl. Yeah its def not bad at all. It's very mild but its persistent I've had acne since I was 13 on and off. It got really bad when I was 17 - 18. I went on tazorac when I was 19. It helped some what. But I don't want to be on a retnoid forever. So I'm giving accutane a go.

Thanks girl. Yeah its def not bad at all. It's very mild but its persistent I've had acne since I was 13 on and off. It got really bad when I was 17 - 18. I went on tazorac when I was 19. It helped some what. But I don't want to be on a retnoid forever. So I'm giving accutane a go.

Lapis..... that's seriously hot. No joke. I mean I hope that doesn't offensive you or anything but men with scars like that. Yum. ;-) don't ever think somebody wouldn't date you because of that. You know Harrison does has something like that on his chin from falling on a toilet. ;-) and man o man. I would hesitate to marry him.... even now when he's older. ;-)

That's so awesome... haha You're a sweetheart. :D

I never knew Harrison Ford got that from falling on a toilet, btw. :lol:

and I think my dad either passes out or fell asleep nobody really knows. He had to be flown by a helicopter to the hospital. I know its strange that we never got injured. Makes you believe theres a higher power out there.

+1 on the higher power. I remember hearing this other story about a guy who jumped off of a bridge who would have drowned had it not been for a seal that just happened to be swimming where he fell. It's like what are the odds, you know? The seal survived too, btw. lol

Your beautiful s_s:

We all can relate to feel uncomfortable and not wanting the world to see us. You should let some sun into your room. I do, even though I cannot fully enjoy the warm sun. The brightness will help raise your soul, have you tried yoga or meditation? It really helps me. I go outside with my dog, she brings me such happiness. I do go outside but its either running or taking my dog out. I haven't gone to the beach in two years. I am waiting for my skin to fully heal. You will survive...But I definitely can empathize exactly how you feel.

I think it was 3 years ago when I was almost 21 when my acne hit me full force like a plague. It was horrible, I mean horrible, it looked as though I had been suffering from it for a long time, when it just blew out of proportion and took over my face with large cysts and it hurt to wash my face. I didn't go to Thanksgiving dinner that year, I felt like shit during that time, it was literally unbearable.

I got on an antibiotic...and a cream. Cleared me up well. Now I am almost going to be 24. Shit. The plague is coming back, slowly but I am taking all of the necessary steps before I would consider accutane. I wish you luck lady :D

I am going outside to the school to play catch with my dog, wearing a white shirt and black pants, its 78 degrees here...haha.

REMEMBER: Underneath that acne your skin is beautiful, and you are a beautiful woman, I remind myself everyday :D

It really sucks when its beautiful outside the sun in shining u hear kids playing and u would love to go out but when u look in the mirror and ur face is covered with acne knowing in the daylight acne will be more visible u just lock ur self up in the room feeling all frustrated and miserable and u close ur window blinds and its all dark inside.u make up excuses and lies to ur associates on why u cant go out eg.u tell them how ur sick and dont feel well,IB really suck i can't wait until retin a starts clearing me up i am on week 7 now inflamed acne and red marks all over :(

I know exactly how that feels. I'm a student at UC Merced and my acne got so out of control that I didn't even want to go to class (I did though, not throwing that money away lol). However, I found that I was really the only one that cared about my acne. I play basketball a lot here and when I told a buddy of mine that I wasn't hitting the gym anymore because of my acne, he told me that no one ever notices and that I shouldn't stop doing something that I love because of acne. I'm sure they do notice it, but they know how much it bugs me and so they're really cool about it. I seriously think it's mostly a mental thing. Go out in the sun and have fun! Just make sure to slap on some SPF. :)

P.S. Ever notice how you rarely think about your acne when you're out and having fun? Yeah, so go out more often and have fun. :)

Your beautiful s_s:

We all can relate to feel uncomfortable and not wanting the world to see us. You should let some sun into your room. I do, even though I cannot fully enjoy the warm sun. The brightness will help raise your soul, have you tried yoga or meditation? It really helps me. I go outside with my dog, she brings me such happiness. I do go outside but its either running or taking my dog out. I haven't gone to the beach in two years. I am waiting for my skin to fully heal. You will survive...But I definitely can empathize exactly how you feel.

I think it was 3 years ago when I was almost 21 when my acne hit me full force like a plague. It was horrible, I mean horrible, it looked as though I had been suffering from it for a long time, when it just blew out of proportion and took over my face with large cysts and it hurt to wash my face. I didn't go to Thanksgiving dinner that year, I felt like shit during that time, it was literally unbearable.

I got on an antibiotic...and a cream. Cleared me up well. Now I am almost going to be 24. Shit. The plague is coming back, slowly but I am taking all of the necessary steps before I would consider accutane. I wish you luck lady :D

I am going outside to the school to play catch with my dog, wearing a white shirt and black pants, its 78 degrees here...haha.

REMEMBER: Underneath that acne your skin is beautiful, and you are a beautiful woman, I remind myself everyday :D

yeah i had 2 bad initial breakouts that lasted for good few months when i was 18 till 19 and accutane cleared me up for about 6 months then acne came back and i was still on other antibiotics and topicals after accutane and now 2 years later after accutane i got another initial breakout,my skin started getting very oily and i was breakin out and then i decided to go on antibiotics and they didnt help so i got on retin a and the initial break out is horrible i hate it,i do exercise sometimes i have a step dvd at home so i enjoy it,i am sick and tired of trying to find the cure,trying to eliminate some food and alot of things but nothing seems to work they keep coming back ughh,i just always ask myself why me what did i do sooo wrong in life to deserve this,i am usually out going but in the past 2 months i dont go clubbing or hangout with friends i just do shit i need to do like work and thats it...and i have scars from previous acne and looks like i will have more scars from this breakout ughhh ....i been on retin a for almost 8 weeks and still breaking out and the weather is soo beautiful outside and i just dont want to go out because thats whenmy acne shows the most in the sun light :(,i've been soo depressed in the past couple of months nothin makes me happy anymore and now this breakout is killing me

i must say u look very cute in ur pic its hard to see coz its kinda bright but i can see some good features haha i tell it how i see it haha :),yeah i dont wanna go to the gym coz my acne is horrible and inflamed huge and red at the moment and i cant go anywhere without make up and if i am in the gym i would have to take it off and wouldn't feel uncomfortable right now with my skin in such state but i still workout at home when i can..are u on any meds for ur acne?...i agree with u about forgetting acne when having fun but when i look in the mirror that just kills it all and i dont want to be seen till i clear up

Thank you. :) that's so sweet of you to say. Yeah, it's a pretty bright pic. Haha at times my acne was very inflamed as well and I had the same fear that anything I put on my face would show or run (moisturizer, sun block, etc.) but after a while I stopped worrying about it. I'm actually just following the regimen now and made drastic changes to my diet. I've gone completely off dairy, cut as much sugar as possible, and avoid any foods rich in carbs, for about a week now and haven't had any new pimples or break outs and the inflamed spots that I had our rapidly fading away. I do take vitamins, omega-3 and zinc though. I'm going to post photos of my progress as time goes by and hopefully my skin will completely clear up. They say diet isn't linked, but I actually tested how my face reacted to dairy and after several tests came to the conclusion that all dairy needs to go. Things are looking good so far. :)

Ahh.. Yes, the mirror is definitely a common enemy amongst us. However, don't let a few spots bring you down too much. It's human to worry about acne, but it's bad to stress about it too much and avoid leaving your home because of it. You are very beautiful and a bit of acne doesn't make you any less so. :)

Story of my life.j

ugh i wish we would all hang out from acne org i think we would feel more confident and would accept each other for who we are despite all the acne and could talk to each other and be there for 1 another,its hard talkin to some 1 about acne who never had a pimple on their face or some 1 that get a zit or 2 and freak ou ove it they dont understand how it is to have the whole face covered in acne...are u using some kind of medication?

there really should be a support group for all us acne sufferers! god that would be great. It would be so much easier to talk to people in person rather than through a computer screen. Oh and btw S_S, you are gorgeous. I noticed that you took accutane a while back? Has it not worked for you cuz i notice you saying that your using retin a now? hang in there and i know exactly how you feel. I actually struggle with depression and anxiety so I know the feelings all too well.

Aww thank you walteezy,i am glad that u figured out what breaks u out ,i wish that i could do the same,sometime i can eat soo much junk and dont break out and then if i go on a healthy diet i breakout like crazy so i dont know what triggers my acne breakouts hopefully i will find out some day.I hope u get clear soon and like i said earlier i love ur positivity keep it up and u will get clear soon!Dont be a stranger :) let m know how u get on with ur progress.

Story of my life.j

ugh i wish we would all hang out from acne org i think we would feel more confident and would accept each other for who we are despite all the acne and could talk to each other and be there for 1 another,its hard talkin to some 1 about acne who never had a pimple on their face or some 1 that get a zit or 2 and freak ou ove it they dont understand how it is to have the whole face covered in acne...are u using some kind of medication?

there really should be a support group for all us acne sufferers! god that would be great. It would be so much easier to talk to people in person rather than through a computer screen. Oh and btw S_S, you are gorgeous. I noticed that you took accutane a while back? Has it not worked for you cuz i notice you saying that your using retin a now? hang in there and i know exactly how you feel. I actually struggle with depression and anxiety so I know the feelings all too well.

thanks hun so are u ,yes i took accutane in 09 and it worked for about 6 months then my acne started coming back gradually and i was on few other antibiotics after accutane and now in 2011 i broke out reallyyy badd and retin a caused a horrible ib for me so i dont know if there ever will be a cure for acne :snooty: