Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HondaAccord2009

Drinking more water!! Face is clearing!

Hello, all. I have had acne since I was 18, and now I'm 22. I was searching on the internet about acne affecting different parts of the face, and I came across a picture that showed different parts of the face, and what part of your body is causing the breakout; Can't find it, but here's one kind of like it that I found through Google. http://www.skinacea.com/acne/acne-face-map.html ---This is just a generalization, but it's helpful to get some ideas on how to treat the acne.

But, I decided to stop drinking sodas. I quit three months ago, and all I have been drinking is water, sometimes with lemon, Gatorade/ Powerade. I drink 6-8 glasses of water a day, 10 glasses if I'm doing anything strenuous. I'm clearing up very well! No new acne. My acne was prominent on my temples and forehead. Now, this will not work for everyone! I have never had this much water in my life, I have always had sodas, which is bad, and I decided to make a change for the better.

Let me know if this works for you!

Edited by HondaAccord2009

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Oh man If water was all it took. I would have angel skin. I drink so much water. It's crazy.

Same here haaa :)

Probably has nothing to do with drinking MORE water, just with NOT drinking pop. Could be that all the caffeine and sugar fuck with your system, led to your system being under stress. When stressed, the immune system is less sufficient, and you can break out more.

It's unlikely that large amounts of water is needed, or even safe. Drink water or tea when thirsty, or if you don't like drinking water, eat fruit and veggies. But no need to keep a tally on it.

This is probably true. Never did look at it that way. I don't have a huge sweet tooth either, so its easy for me to stay away from snacks. Honestly, I hated water before, and now I actually love it!

It's crazy though, because Gatorade has 34g of sugar and it doesn't aggravate my skin; Guess it might be the caffeine, but now that I think about it, all we buy is caffeine free. And, I broke out from caffeine free. hmmm, interesting.

Maybe it was something in the soda that my body didn't like, and was lowering my immune system; other than caffeine and sugar.

Edited by HondaAccord2009

Oh man If water was all it took. I would have angel skin. I drink so much water. It's crazy.

Like I said, this will not work for everyone. If only water was the solution to cure acne :P

Everybody has their own culprit that causes it, and I believe I found mine!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I might give this another go, I normally drink like 3-5 cans of coke a day with little or no water. I've tried quitting, once I went for like 3 weeks without it but gave in to temptation. haha. This time I WILL SUCCEED FUCK YEAH!!!

I too drank lots of soda...anything but water. In fact I hated the taste of it. Anyways if I wanted clear skin, I needed to stop the SODA!!!! My skin is doing a lot better. I'm 2 1/2 monts soda free!!!! I drink plenty of water, not too much because in the back of my mind I keep thinking too much water can actually kill you. :shock:

Edited by Espinilla12

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Glad you've found something that works for you! In general, soda just isn't good for your body. Drinking it every day isn't a great idea.

I might give this another go, I normally drink like 3-5 cans of coke a day with little or no water. I've tried quitting, once I went for like 3 weeks without it but gave in to temptation. haha. This time I WILL SUCCEED FUCK YEAH!!!

You could try drinking 1-2 glasses of water for every glass of pop you drink. That will help you get used to the taste of water. Or just eat a lot more watery fruits and veggies, such as carrots, cucumber, apples, watermelon, grapes, etc.

Do it. Just do what she said, drink 1-2 glasses of water for every coke you drink . I did this at first. Baby Steps!! I have been eating more fruit because it has antioxidants and so forth. I really hate veggies, though. Which is the next thing I need to learn to eat. I just hate the taste!

And, I believe it was something beyond the sugar and caffeine. Anywho, I'm doing good. I have cut drinking water to only when I'm thirsty, which is like 4-5 glasses of water a day. My acne/red marks are taking forevvverrrr to heal, or maybe I'm just impatient.

Glad you've found something that works for you! In general, soda just isn't good for your body. Drinking it every day isn't a great idea.

Me too! And, I agree.

i'm here to back this. I used to never drink water. Literally maybe 3 glasses a week max! and i had terrible skin and overall bad health. Been workingout and drinking a good 8 glasses of water per day and my acne is fading!!

Awesome that worked for you! Man, I drink litters of water a day naturally, and still break out.

Keep it up! The water is ridding your body of toxins. And soda? Chaaa, aspartame is so bad for you. And it's in most of the food "we" buy. When I am reading a label on the back of food, and I don't know more than 4 ingredients, I won't get it. Call me crazy. I haven't had a sip of soda since I was 17.

My acne just loves me.

I guess, mine skin was in better position when I used to drink 4 bottles of water every day.

Now as I have shrinked my water drinking habbit, I can see skinn is not that healthy.

I am gonna put more water in my skin now :)

I haven't had a fizzy drink for god knows how long, and I drink at least 4 litres of water a day and 2 cups of green tea. Explain why I stil get massive f***ers on my face please...

Haha so yeah I gave up that shizz, life without cola isn't nice :L

However I did switch to diet coke instead of the regular coke and I haven't had a breakout for about a week now. Some are even starting to fade. I guess it was the load of sugar that was in regular coke that gave me the acne. :D