Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
surfergirl123

Anyone have the same situation as me? with scars? *pics*

Hi so i was just wondering if anyone has the same type of scars that i have. they are not ice pick but are similar. im not sure exactly what they are. any suggestions for treatment are also welcome.

any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by surfergirl123

Hi so i was just wondering if anyone has the same type of scars that i have. they are not ice pick but are similar. im not sure exactly what they are. any suggestions for treatment are also welcome.

any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg298/s...aa/IMG_2504.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg298/s...aa/IMG_2498.jpg

ah yes, im not a dermatologist , hyper-pigmentation which takes years to fade. It took me 3 years for my scarring from Retin-A to clear up in good form, but it all just fades with time. and i have similar type scaring but your skin is much more (pale/whiter) than my skin and so mine looks more like maroon and yours looks lot more rosy red.... i know i didnt help but, you know.

retin-a caused you to scar?

Well, yeah cuzz supposedly it GETS REALLY BAD before it gets better , you know that whole Initial breakout phase, well turns out my initial breakout phase lasted for about 6 months and my derm still believed my acne was to clear out in month 7-8 , and it never did...so i believe i was putting onRetin-A micro which may have some pore clogging ingredient, but anyways yeah, it was Thee worst acne brekouts i ever had in my entire life, plus when you are trying to heal the skin and then get another pimple on the healing wound and that's what leads to major scaring because your just opening up healing skin again with a new pimple and it leads to more redness and maybe even deeper scarring

reoccurring pimples (pimples or zits that form just about in the same spot as where you just had a pimple is a big issue when it comes to major scaring. And that's what was happening to me while i was on Retin-A micro...zits left, but they kept coming at the same spots the previous pimples left...adding scarring to scarring for 8 months. )

Edited by Lakestone Park

I've been exfoliating daily with Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power Clear Scrub since last year August. This has faded my pigmentation a ton. Also, it's even begun to smooth out my pitted scars (ones like yours, but I only have a few).

I'm going to be starting micro needling with a derma roller to try and promote collogen growth. I'm also going to try using Retin-A along with this, but if it makes me break out terribly I'm going to stop.

Maybe derma rolling would help you? Or daily exfoliation?

retin-a caused you to scar?

Well, yeah cuzz supposedly it GETS REALLY BAD before it gets better , you know that whole Initial breakout phase, well turns out my initial breakout phase lasted for about 6 months and my derm still believed my acne was to clear out in month 7-8 , and it never did...so i believe i was putting onRetin-A micro which may have some pore clogging ingredient, but anyways yeah, it was Thee worst acne brekouts i ever had in my entire life, plus when you are trying to heal the skin and then get another pimple on the healing wound and that's what leads to major scaring because your just opening up healing skin again with a new pimple and it leads to more redness and maybe even deeper scarring

reoccurring pimples (pimples or zits that form just about in the same spot as where you just had a pimple is a big issue when it comes to major scaring. And that's what was happening to me while i was on Retin-A micro...zits left, but they kept coming at the same spots the previous pimples left...adding scarring to scarring for 8 months. )

hmm yea tazorac made me breakout the first month but then it started to work. some people's skin does not handle exfoliation very well. anyways im sorry this happened to you and good luck with the scars :)

I've been exfoliating daily with Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power Clear Scrub since last year August. This has faded my pigmentation a ton. Also, it's even begun to smooth out my pitted scars (ones like yours, but I only have a few).

I'm going to be starting micro needling with a derma roller to try and promote collogen growth. I'm also going to try using Retin-A along with this, but if it makes me break out terribly I'm going to stop.

maybe..im just afraid to try things and then they may make my skin worse, which would really suck. thanks for your input :)

maybe..im just afraid to try things and then they may make my skin worse, which would really suck. thanks for your input :)

That's why you have to start out super slow with any treatment. The slower the better.