what time do you go to bed?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. what time do you go to bed?

• 10pm or earlier
    • 11pm
    • 12 pm
    • 1 am or later

what time do you go to bed at night?

I have a theory that our bodys can detect when the sun is out, regardless of whether or not our eyes perceive sunlight. i believe our bodys can sense electromagnetic fields from the suns that keeps process more in tune. therefore, manipulating your day and night schedules independently of the sun, will NEVER be sufficient. we absolutely must be in tune with the sun as much as possible, if we want our bodys to run in peak performance.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Guest pokemonster

ikno wroong but 3-5am :sleep:

and no! i know what u think there! but nope!

waking up early n then being sleepy at evening doesnt help bcz it doesnt happen that way & even if it works, next time it fails again anywayz

drinking herbal sleep aid tea, even if its large cup, hot & very strong and even if additional valerian root is added, doesnt help.

melatonin pills doesnt help.

eating no later than 2-3 or whatever hours before sleep doesnt help.

turning off lights n being in darkness or plainly laying in bed in darkness doesnt help.

& idk what else u healthy ppl may do to fix sleep regimen, but at least for me personally its this way :shrug:

ikno wroong but 3-5am :sleep:

and no! i know what u think there! but nope!

waking up early n then being sleepy at evening doesnt help bcz it doesnt happen that way & even if it works, next time it fails again anywayz

drinking herbal sleep aid tea, even if its large cup, hot & very strong and even if additional valerian root is added, doesnt help.

melatonin pills doesnt help.

eating no later than 2-3 or whatever hours before sleep doesnt help.

turning off lights n being in darkness or plainly laying in bed in darkness doesnt help.

& idk what else u healthy ppl may do to fix sleep regimen, but at least for me personally its this way :shrug:

calcium, magnesium, potassium, and b12.

ikno wroong but 3-5am ...

calcium, magnesium, potassium, and b12.

And get out into the light during the day. You also want to eat foods containing tryptophan and the other nutrients needed to make seratonin.

I go to sleep between 10 & 11pm

Edited by alternativista

@Pokemonster

You could try something that I like to call resetting your body clock. Basically you have to stay up all night and and not go to sleep until the following night. You'll be tired all day but it's worth it, because you'll be going to sleep at a reasonable time and waking up really early. The times we go to sleep at are actually just as important as the amount of sleep we get. Just search on google for liver detoxification and it will tell you that our liver goes through this process between 11PM and 1AM, and it's most effective if we're asleep between those times.

Listening to music or the radio also helps.

Edited by Kratos93

Guest pokemonster

hey thnx everyone

but i doubt that maybe except b12 i lack any of those other vitamins/nutrients tho

aand ive done no sleeping nights before, the result was that i just slept way longer next morning therfor at evening and night it was same as usual anywayz.

music is in my ears all the time

and i also have vitamin d3 supplement (instead of sunlight but also a bit of sunlight) but its just that my body doesnt rly obey? idk but it just sleeps or doesnt sleep whenever and wherever it wants regardless anything, like i can easily fall asleep while driving in public transport, or library/school n such, sitting at table or anywhere elsewhere if i havent slept at night and basically feel dead all day but then evening, night lots of energy etc

anywayz can u tell me just this:

can just alone possible b12 deficiency cause this?

do u deffinately need like real sunlights vitamin d not just supplement?

does getting sun through window also counts?

anyone else from u who has/had this way n then got it fixed? :/

hey thnx everyone

but i doubt that maybe except b12 i lack any of those other vitamins/nutrients tho

aand ive done no sleeping nights before, the result was that i just slept way longer next morning therfor at evening and night it was same as usual anywayz.

music is in my ears all the time

and i also have vitamin d3 supplement (instead of sunlight but also a bit of sunlight) but its just that my body doesnt rly obey? idk but it just sleeps or doesnt sleep whenever and wherever it wants regardless anything, like i can easily fall asleep while driving in public transport, or library/school n such, sitting at table or anywhere elsewhere if i havent slept at night and basically feel dead all day but then evening, night lots of energy etc

anywayz can u tell me just this:

can just alone possible b12 deficiency cause this?

do u deffinately need like real sunlights vitamin d not just supplement?

does getting sun through window also counts?

anyone else from u who has/had this way n then got it fixed? :/

generally, the body needs all nutrients in optimal levels for the body to function, but yes, some vitamins are more crucial to the sleep process then others, but all are needed. Biological systems are not linear they are complex, its safe to conclude that somehow, someway, every vitamin and mineral is involved in every single process in your body, even though science has not mapped it all out yet.

Vitamin B12 Promotes Sleep and Modulates the Circadian Rhythm of Sleep and Brain Temperature in Rats

http://www.sleepandhypnosis.org/article.asp?id=27

Effects of intravenously administered vitamin B12 on sleep in the rat.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7652019

Treatment of depression: time to consider folic acid and vitamin B12

http://jop.sagepub.com/content/19/1/59.short

some good articles on b12

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag99/aug99-report3.html

http://www.drz.org/asp/NL/NL_Vitamin_B12_D...L_10.9.08.htm#5

I can't decipher all of that, but if you are saying you take D3 supplements as a substitute for light, that's not enough. You need to be out in the bright light in the day to stimulate the prodution of seratonin to keep you awake, which will then be converted to melatonin at night when you are in dim to no light. Indoor light isn't bright enough. You don't have to be in the sun, you can be in the shade.

Notice how you can't read your computer screen outside even in the shade. The same screen you can read just fine in a brightly lit room. That's because the light indoors is nothing compared to outdoors. It's not enough to keep your circadian cycle funtioning. Try to get outside as much as you can. Eat lunch outside. Take a walk.

Edited by alternativista

Guest pokemonster

i actually wrote some of that stuff in my notes =P have tried exersise btw but naw it just awakes me more. and cant promise ill do perfectly with sunlight tho >.> buut hey ill try the b12 now, afterall im vegetarian so might be deficient in it n so..anywayz thnx ppl! ;]

I sometimes go to sleep at 12am or 2am and till for 7-9 hours...I know thats bad but, I really cant sleep at 10 n 11 :/

Im a night owl.

i actually wrote some of that stuff in my notes =P have tried exersise btw but naw it just awakes me more. and cant promise ill do perfectly with sunlight tho >.> buut hey ill try the b12 now, afterall im vegetarian so might be deficient in it n so..anywayz thnx ppl! ;]

if you are a vegetarian, you are almost certainly deficient in it, depending on how long you have been. because you can store 2 years worth of b12 in your liver, which was surprising information for me to learn because i previously thought b12 was classified as a water soluble nutrient thereby giving it a short storage time in the human body,like the other b vitamins but this is not the case with b12, its not quite the same.

Guest pokemonster

well thats intresting :think: have heard something like that too. im vegetarian for 4 yrs something, but i just now bought vitamin b supps, and b12 in them is 10 ug (i dont remeber, thats the same as ui?) per tablet

any idea on how long should i be having this dose ^ for restoring needed amount of it inside? :T

why not poll. Maybe 2 polls. One for time to bed. And one for effective sleep per day. Although to bad you cant link the 2.

Ehm around 8.5hrs of sleep I think. during the week around 11:30 in weekend around 1AM some saterdays 4AM

pokemonster According to wikipedia that should be enough. I dont know if this is completely good though.

ps. you mean µg right?

Edited by joris

well thats intresting :think: have heard something like that too. im vegetarian for 4 yrs something, but i just now bought vitamin b supps, and b12 in them is 10 ug (i dont remeber, thats the same as ui?) per tablet

any idea on how long should i be having this dose ^ for restoring needed amount of it inside? :T

i think there are three different forms of b12, check some links i posted above, but you will want the methylcobalamin form.

some interesting info- http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=481

i think there are three different forms of b12, check some links i posted above, but you will want the methylcobalamin form.

some interesting info- http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=481

Wait can these be found in animal products? Or do they have to be taken in with diet?

ps/edit: what do you want to do/conclude out of the "data" youll get? Or is it just more of a question to break the ice or something.

Edited by joris

I work nights and go to bed in the early mornings therefore, I have no other choice. I can only combat it with melatonin, dark curtains and and a sleep mask. What more can be done?

cant really say i noticed a huge difference in going to sleep late and early. When my acne was at its worst i had pretty average sleeping habits, I actually have much worse sleeping habits now and my face is virtually clear...