Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Izhak

Should I continue using Extra Virgin Olive Oil, if I'm getting more breakouts

Well I started using EVOO almost a week ago. I didn't have severe acne but I have really bad acne scars. Specifically black spots from where the acne was. I did some research on EVOO and found it was like a miracle product that could help with acne, scars and even dark circles under your eyes (which I've had since i was a kid). :rolleyes:

I only used it at night. After cleansing my face, I take a small amount. I massage for 20 minutes. Vigorous back and forth/up and down massages.

The first 3 days There weren't any actual results but my skin had become smoother. I have dry skin.

Then on the fourth day I had a huge amount of these really tiny pimples at the top right-side of my face. Specifically the area between my eye and my hairline. Also I began to get pimples in places I never had.

The only real improvement i've seen in my face so far is that the dark circles are beginning to fade away but nothing with the acne. Actually right now my skin feels rough and bumpy.

I never changed my diet or anything

So should I stop using it? Am I using it wrong? Or is this just an aspect of the moisturizer?

This really sucks coz I was so excited about it.

Thanks in advance for helping

-Izhak

I only used it at night. After cleansing my face, I take a small amount. I massage for 20 minutes. Vigorous back and forth/up and down massages.

What brand of oil are you using?

I think this may be too much manipulation--try to very lightly massage in any oil for 5 to 10 seconds. Be gentle!

The oil could be clogging your pores. Some sites say olive oil is slightly comedogenic. But there are many many grades and varieties of olive oil and who knows what they actually tested. There is a huge amount of fraud in the olive oil industry too. In fact most "extra virgin" oils sold in grocery stores are not pure and probably cut with non-extra virgin oil and/or other oils.

I would taste any olive oil first, directly from the bottle. It should taste fruity and not rancid (chemical aftertaste). It should burn the throat too. If it doesn't it's probably rotten stale or cut.