Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
not_izzy

wrinkles after accutane?

I just finished my course of accutane and my skin is pretty much clear, some old residual red spots, but no new acne so far. But I feel like I look even worse! I just look like I've aged so much. Several people have mentioned that I look "so different lately" and they do NOT mean it in a good way! I have noticed all these lines form around my mouth when I smile, and I have crows feet and just look blah and ugly all the time. I am 26 years old. What can I do? I guess I didn't moisturize that much while I was taking it because though I was dry, I wasn't wearing makeup, so I couldn't really tell. I was thinking botox, but apparently that doesn't work around the mouth, and that's the worst part for me (it's not so much set in wrinkles, just when I smile they show bad...I don't know if that's still called a "wrinkle"). Are there actually any cremes that help this, or is that just a scam?

i too have the same problem.

It seems that accutane actually can make you look older.

Im 26 as well and feel my skin is more droopy and older. some wrinkles around my mouth have i gotten as well.

I willl do a "natural face lift" with LPG lift6.

It is expensive but i will try it anyway and it has gotten really good rewiews in norwegian beauty magazines.

As far as i can see it stimulates blod flow and tisssue.

Ill just cross my fingres and hope that it will help

It sucks. I just can't win. I looked "good" underneith my acne before, but now I finally get rid of the acne and I look gross for a new reason. Like you said, my face just looks saggy and I have so may creases when I show any emotion. I don't feel like I even look like the same person.

Why didn't you moisturize while on your course? I think now that the acne is cleared some lines are showing up because there's no distraction. I bet they will fade with time and proper hydration. Did you just finish your course? My derm said the sebum production will slowly return but the acne will not.

The lines are permanent most of the time. My suggestion for treating lines would always be L-ascorbic acid. Unless of course, you have money to spare, then you could give lasers a try.

Even though it's not "lines"? If I relax my face, there are no fine lines...it's just when I smile there are all these folds, where there used to be none. And it's not "less distraction." I look much worse than I did with acne, I think.

I have the same problem, i know exactly how u feel, so i hate to smile lol. i know they are not exactly wrinkles because im only in my early 20's, im not even elegible for botox.

I think it is from over drying and sun damage. They both cause fine lines and premature wrinkles.

I was looking online and discovered laser treatment and peels are good for this or vitamin a creams such as retin a or tretinoin