Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started Accutane about a week ago, but prior to that (among the bazillion other products and prescriptions I've tried), I used benzoyl peroxide over the counter and in various prescription varieties over the last 20-plus years.

I have acne on my face, chest, upper arms and entire back. Is it just me, or does it seem ridiculous to be a slave to applying this stuff to what amounts to nearly half my body? It wouldn't be such an issue for me, but as users of benzoyl peroxide know, if you get even a tiny amount of it on any type of fabric, it will bleach that spot. And that means you'd better not have a favorite article of clothing you can't live without.

It seems like no matter how careful I've been, I always managed to get a spot on something, even if I made sure to separate the laundry and not put the benzoyl peroxide whites near any colored fabric. White sheets, white tee shirts and bleach-stained boxers were my bedtime buddies. And of course, the blanket that was already ruined with bleach stains. And don't even THINK about using a colored washcloth on your face if you're washing off benzoyl peroxide. And to be on the safe side, you'd better use a white towel to dry off with.

Anyway, I just wanted to sound off about how much I despise benzoyl peroxide. Yes, I know it helps lots of acne sufferers, but it ALSO bleaches anything it touches. So if you use it, you'd better like wearing white to bed, sleeping in white sheets, and using white washcloths and towels.