Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zestyy

Am I "Accutane Worthy?" Pictures included (Male)

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn136/BrettPlank/Acne%20Progress/

for photos.

I'm currently on Minocycline. It hasn't helped much.

The thing that has helped the most is Aloe Vera and washing my face with only water, strangely.

If this doesn't clear up by May, which it won't, I might go on Accutane to get rid of this once and for all, hopefully.

It started getting bad in the beginning of Junior year in High School months ago. Ever since, I've been embarrassed and always try to hide my face. My confidence level dropped and it's affecting my social relationships as well as relationships with girls. I'm afraid to date or go for any girls, thinking my acne will turn them away.

I was completely fine with my face a couple months ago. I had a few blemishes. This was in October, 2010.

66068_1431220263646_1327073579_31057286_

Edited by zestyy

Well good thing you covered up your eyes in those first pictures. I'd never know what you look like... except for the second link.

But to be honest I don't know. I suppose the only one you have to convince is the doctor.

How old are you now? It might not be much of a solution, but often teenage acne will pass. Not so good for those of us in our late 20s.

i would go for accutane or at least ask your doc.

i just finished and dont have one pimple!

Im 26 now and my biggest regret is that i didnt start it sooner to prevent some scarring i now are battling

I've been on Minocycline for about 3 weeks. My next derm appointment is in the beginning of May. We discussed Accutane but she said we should try antibiotics first. All the reviews I read about minocycline say you breakout again once you get off it.

I'm 17 right now. Junior in High School.

And yeah, I don't know why I covered my eyes then posted a picture of myself anyways... haha. Whatever.

Minocycline takes a few months to work. When I went on Minocycline, I didn't see great results until about three/four months.