Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cold_case

A couple of questions about accutane

I never had zits in my life now I am 29 years old I have been getting some disgusting acne, zits, cyst on my head, back, chest, side of my forehead area's for the past year. I have tried all types of meds non seem to suppress these beasts. I have finally been put on accutane 40mg. Does anyone that take accutane pop a single 40mg? My derm seems to put me on a low dose I weight about 150lbs 5''11 he stated that he will raise my mg up to 80 but first he wants to see how my body reacts to this drug, is this normal?

yes,its normal.take care of yourself while on tane its a powerful drug .drink alot of water and get plenty of rest.make sure to stock up on lip balm and moisturizer youre gonna need it.good luck to u .

I don't know about plenty of rest.. I do work, I drive trucks. I wonder if this will affect me in any way? Will tane cripple me from my job? Thanks guys for the response.

Edited by cold_case

Well this is my second day in, and I just got a little chapped lip, and a huge zit that popped out on the side of my face that grew with out a head, maybe a cyst?

Thanks for the heads up, I will be driving day time. Hopefully I will get little to no side effects seems to be going great so far even though it's been only 3 days.

Edited by cold_case

Is there a time I should be taking the accutane? Can I take it at any specific hour, as long as it is taken throughout day or night?