Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CocoaButter429

Cyst on face? And what to do about it..?

Hey, first time poster. So I've had a cyst (I guess?) under my eye for 3 weeks now. It really does resemble getting punched in the face. I have an up-close picture to make sure that's what this really is. And what to do about it?

It has no head, I've tried BP, and heat compresses to no prevail. It feels like there's a little pus in there but nothing ridiculous. When I do heat it, it does reduce the swelling but it'll always come back.

Thanks for any replies and I'll be happy to answer any additional questions. I've dealt with acne my whole life (21-years-old) but have never had anything like this.post-149124-1303077983_thumb.jpg

Edited by CocoaButter429

It looks very intense, and by the eye is a super sensitive area. Definitely go see a Dermo, and ask about a cortisone, injection - Coming from some one who pops I'm not sure you want to mess with that thing.

Edited by Acne Security

I got that too once in a while that is... but try to put on BP just one time and leave it along and not touch it it should heal in a week. Thats how long it took mine to go away. =)

Can you get to a doctor? They can help it go away faster. Definitely don't pick at it. I had a zit under my eye many years ago (even closer to my eye than yours is) and I tried to squeeze it and it created more inflammation. A little kid even asked me what happened to my face. But it DID heal wonderfully in a little bit of time. So rest assured, it will heal if you leave it alone, but a doctor could help it heal faster. If you use a spot treatment like bp, be very careful not to get it too close to your eye and try to avoid the purple under eye area because it's more sensitive than the rest of your skin.