Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buckeejit

Nurofen Plus when on Accutane (Roaccutane)?

Hey all, this is my first post :)

I was prescribed Accutane (Isotretinoin) back in December but have only started taking it 3 days ago as I experienced a lot of family problems etc. My dermatologist put me on a 4 month run to see how it goes. I just hope when my dermatologist finds out that I didn't start the course in December that he doesn't take me off the Accutane.

Anyway, I experience a lot headaches due to a car accident that I was involved in 12 years ago and I take Nurofen Plus to relieve the headaches.

I'm taking 90mg of Accutane a day as prescribed and was just wondering if taking Nurofen Plus would cause of sort of interference?

NUROFEN PLUS contains 200mg ibuprofen and. 12.8mg codeine phosphate per tablet as the active ingredients.

Edited by buckeejit

It won't interfere with accutane, but have you discussed the regular use of painkillers? I here a lot of bad things about it causing stomach ulcers and worse with prolonged use

It won't interfere with accutane, but have you discussed the regular use of painkillers? I here a lot of bad things about it causing stomach ulcers and worse with prolonged use

I understand the effects of taking too many painkillers but I only take about 2 tablets a day about 5 times a week compared to when I was taking 10 a day before Xmas.