Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ciro

Getting your life back

Hey guys and gals getting over my acne scars has taken a huge toll on my life. Even though I've gotten great results 80% my ugly duckling syndrome iz still there. Physically I'm good but mental has been hell. I know what all you go through. I used to be a arrogant flawless skin guy. Now I'm a shy no one that has lost many relationships because of this miseable thing. I've gotten good results with the dermaroller, but don't be like me and hide from situations. Confront them, trust me it's better. I just can't believe it's been 10 years, it's beaten me up, cuz I let it...

I totally relate to you. It's been 5 years for me, most of the noticeable scars I have are 3, 2 or 1 years old. I too let it beat me up daily, hourly. I just try to look towards little special moments... but then it goes back to the skin. Anyway, what type of scarring have you had and where? Have you only done dermarolling? Be grateful for 80% improvment. I know it sucks losing htat "perfection" But if you can get 80% I'm sure 10 % more won't be too hard. 90% would be awsome. maybe someday soon you'll be as close to perfect as you'd care to get! Try to keep positive.

Hey guys and gals getting over my acne scars has taken a huge toll on my life. Even though I've gotten great results 80% my ugly duckling syndrome iz still there. Physically I'm good but mental has been hell. I know what all you go through. I used to be a arrogant flawless skin guy. Now I'm a shy no one that has lost many relationships because of this miseable thing. I've gotten good results with the dermaroller, but don't be like me and hide from situations. Confront them, trust me it's better. I just can't believe it's been 10 years, it's beaten me up, cuz I let it...

Yeah dude i know exactly how you feel my scarring is pretty bad numerous shallow scars. But you know what ever since yesterday I feel like my life has been going really well. I know i have these scars still and i plan on getting a derma stamp to help improve them and hopefully my results will be as good as yours. But anyways, I just look at the mirror briefly maybe say 2 or 3 times a day from a fair distance. And I look and ask myself honestly... am i happy with how i look, and really do i care what other people think of my face? Then i answered NO, if people can't accept me for who i am then why the hell should i be depressed about it? I still have friends and people that support me so why should i just let a bunch of people that think my scars look bad hold me back? I used to aviod the sun and cringe in fear but now i face it all bravely and i don't let my scars hold me back, live life to the fullest, your scars will improve and you already have 80% improvement, there are alot of people's skins that aren't even close to perfect but they are happy too. You only notice your scars alot more but others aren't as sightful as you are, be strong and try to just progress forward in life, don't let scars hold you back man!