Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FTweekend

How should I get rid of my scars?

Hey,

DKR has kept the acne at bay and right now I'm dealing with alot of scars. The redness/ freckles are going away by using vit e oil. However, how do I get rid of the indentations? Microderm and laser have always given me temp results since I break out afterward from extreme sensitivity. here's my recent pic, any suggestions?

post-136326-1302850835_thumb.jpg

post-136326-1302850861_thumb.jpg

post-136326-1302850835_thumb.jpg

post-136326-1302850861_thumb.jpg

Edited by FTweekend

subcision and fillers. Fillers for temporary improvement. Multiple subcision treatments might do you ok as well.

You may want to look into needling a bit with a qualified professional and possibly some fillers.

What is DKR?

thanks for the responses!

So I looked up subcision and O M G... it looks crazy scary. It's surgical right? Unless I'm watching the wrong videos. How often would I have to go in, or is it a one time thing?

Needling as in derma-roller? what size should i be looking at?

thanks everyone ;)

yes, subcision is a surgical procedure, and is actually safer than most other treatments

it is a one time thing, of course, unless it doesn't completely fix it the first time

people often find that they require multiple treatments

needling is nowhere near as effective as subcision is for your scars, so i would recommend you start with subcision

Hi there,

Look you need to go to an experienced dermatologist that has experience with multiple techniques. I am going to Dr. Fulton in Miami becuase he wrote the book acne.org. He had severe acne and he has had his own treatments so he knows what the hell he is doing and that is why I choose him. I fly 3 hours to see him, but you need to choose your own.

So he has cleared up my acne completely (it is gone) and now I am getting combo treatments of dermabrasion and micro silicone droplets for the rolling scars.

I only would trust a great dermatologist that you research. Do not waste time like I did. Get it taken care of and then you will feel better.