Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In September, I went on doxycycline to clear my acne up, and it worked okay, I still got the occaisional whitehead but nothing bad happened. Then I woke up on Sunday and I had this HUGE relapse of the acne on my cheeks. It's even worse than the September one. I'm back on the doxycycline, I'm praying it will save my life again.

My entire life revolves around these acne breakouts. Even though I put layers of foundation on my face every day, I keep my head down in the halls to avoid looking at people for fear that there might be some acne sticking out. I refuse to leave the house without foundation, and I just look at myself in the mirror at night, sit down, and start to cry.

I'm really at a loss for what to do anymore. What has worked for you?

Here is a picture.

Edited by SuJu43ver

A couple months ago I started using the Olay Pro X Spin Brush, and it has helped by leaps and bounds. What's so great about it is that even when I get a blemish or two now and I use the spin brush, the blemish goes away a lot faster than it would've before using the brush. Also, I have REALLY sensitive skin and the brush isn't harsh at all.

This thing is literally a life saver. My skin is the clearest it's been in 12 years because of the brush. Good luck! Hope you clear up soon :)

do you do anything topical? or just the oral treatment?

I do adalpalene 0.01% gel.

if it works for you stick with it - if it doesn't switch to something stronger

make sure your washing your face twice a day, before your treatment, with a gentle cleanser (no active ingredient) & always have a strong spot treatment (I use 100% tea tree oil or 10%BP)

Also some of your cystic blemishes look like they are "popable" and can be relieved, have you ever done this, and does it work?

Edited by Acne Security

Well, you're desperate so you'll try anything. I guess it's hard, but you should really try and take stock of what you've used so far and what has worked. It might have been something you ate, for example. Some people don't even think harsh cleaners on your skin is a good idea at all. If they work for you then great, but if what you're doing right now isn't working, perhaps you should start to look into making changes.

make sure your washing your face twice a day, before your treatment, with a gentle cleanser (no active ingredient) & always have a strong spot treatment (I use 100% tea tree oil or 10%BP)

Also some of your cystic blemishes look like they are "popable" and can be relieved, have you ever done this, and does it work?

I've tried to pop sometimes, but it never works and it leaves scars.

Edited by SuJu43ver

I've tried to pop sometimes, but it never works and it leaves scars.

K than disregard that =)