Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hXc

Very lost on how to treat

Hi,

I have had acne problems most of my life and it seems to be getting worse lately =[

I had it mainly under control last summer, I had no problems at all for awhile, and was very glad but then around November/December it began to get worse and worse and recently.. its started to get bad

I read on here Apple Cider Vinegar was a good idea, I tried it and it was helpful and began to clear it up, but now it does little to nothing to prevent it and I don't know what else to do

Any suggestions would be very helpful, I use Noxzema Cream and facial pads 3 times a day, it used to help but just like the apple cider vinegar it doesn't seem to do anything now

the picture included is just after I washed my face so the area does not look as bad, but after a few hours it begins to look very bad.. again any and all help is MUCH appreciated

post-146178-1302695974_thumb.jpg

post-146178-1302695974_thumb.jpg

For some reason myself and a lot of friends agree that maintaining a clean shave helps ALOT, especially if you can get an electric razor that never actually contacts the skin. I only say this because I notice your stubble. My suggestion, also my routin - its a new one and I'm having awesome results.

-wash with cetaphil clenser

-apply tea tree oil/water diluted as a toner

-apply a cream/gel active ingredient (whatever one works best for you BP, retin-A etc..)

-apply gnc aloe gel to decrease redness and inflamation

-use 100% Tea tree oil as a spot treatment when necessary

Thank you so much, I will try this asap, do you have any tips on when/how often I should be applying these? =]

do the entire routine once when you wake up, and once before you go to bed, everyday.

use the last two steps only when necessary & listen to your skin mold/mod the routine to fit you, and your skin. Good luck with your skin care ;)

i bought a 20$ shaver from walmart that shaves very close to the skin, but does not give you a clean shave. Leaves very little stubbles which looks about a days worth of growth maybe. It also reduced any irritation or red marks I would get after shaving with a generic razor. I just soak the blades with hydrogen peroxide before each trim to kill bacteria and suprisingly I can complete my shave in about half the time I would take with my Gilette Fusion

Edited by Stavs16

Yeah, thats where I just picked mine up haha =], has a plastic cover thats adjustable in length, very helpful and in fact it seems like the redness has been cutting down since I started to keep the facial hair down =]

yeah go youuuu, even took the advice on shaving. Dedication I like it. That will help your skin a lot and you wont look like a scrub anymore haha jk