Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xlafa

How should I treat this - Edit:(results inside!)

Well I've had acne for about a decade now and turning 23 in July I would like to have clear skin by my 24th (or sooner :D) . I'm finally on antibiotics and my breakouts are starting to become less common, but I still have these red marks to take care of. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

post-148819-1302673499_thumb.jpg

post-148819-1302673527_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xlafa

Well I've had acne for about a decade now and turning 23 in July I would like to have clear skin by my 24th (or sooner :D) . I'm finally on antibiotics and my breakouts are starting to become less common, but I still have these red marks to take care of. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Accutane, nuff said

Scan through these forums and also very important, read the stickies at the top. Apple Cider Vinegar is just one of the popular treatments you'll find throughout this forum.

I have simular red marks :idea:

I really hate them and wish they would go away. Derm apptt tomo. keepin touch

Alright since I took those photos I saw my doctor again and he prescribed me the same antibiotics and Tretinoin a generic of Retin-a and I've only been using it for about 20 days now and I've definitely seen some improvements. Less redness and some marks have faded. I've only been using benzoyl peroxide in the morning and retin-a before I got to sleep. I'll post again after I see some more improvement.

Edited by Xlafa

UPDATE:

Alright guys I've been having some great results I'd like to share, It's been 5 months since I started this treatment and Well I'll just let the pics talk for themselves :D

post-148819-1315235116_thumb.jpg

post-148819-1315235097_thumb.jpg

Seriously, if you have marks on your face like mine talk to your doctor about Retin-a, this shit ain't no joke. My skin's never been this clear since I was like 12 lol.

post-148819-1315235097_thumb.jpg

post-148819-1315235116_thumb.jpg

Amazing improvement, I'm so happy for you! Give it a few more months and you'll be red marks free.

holy shit bro is this shiz for real. i got an appoitement on friday and im gona ask my derm if i can take retin-a once im done accutane!

Whoa whoa whoa congrats. Retin-a has helped so many with their red marks around here. Im using tretinoin cream but i havent seen any changes, how long did it take to see changes for you?

Wow, thats some awesome improvement!

I'm also on Retin A now, only for a few days though. Fingers crossed I get similar results. Im gonna take some pictures so I can see!

Thanks for your posts :)

I have been using retin A for just over 3 weeks. I have just broken out quite badly... i have about 7 new ones (which came up over the last few days) They dont seem to be the same as my previous breakouts which makes me think it might be due to the retin a. They are big but near the surface, and one that came up on monday has already flattened and nearly gone.

Im hoping that it doesnt get much worse than this! Really cant handle it getting bad again :(

Hows everyone else getting on with it??

I have been using retin A for just over 3 weeks. I have just broken out quite badly... i have about 7 new ones (which came up over the last few days) They dont seem to be the same as my previous breakouts which makes me think it might be due to the retin a. They are big but near the surface, and one that came up on monday has already flattened and nearly gone.

Im hoping that it doesnt get much worse than this! Really cant handle it getting bad again sad.png

Hows everyone else getting on with it??

I have been using .1% tretinoin cream for about 2 weeks or so and..I broke out really bad after like the 3rd day for about a week, but now pretty much all acne is cleared just have tons of red marks, I really hope I don't break out again during it, I still get a pimple every other day but it's a lot smaller and goes away quicker than they use to. Also my face is still dry and peeling from it hope that stops soon

OP, may i know the strength of the tretinoin prescribed to you?

0.025%

I'm seeing a few of you guys are breaking out using this product. That's one of the side effects of this, One thing that I believe helped me was that I'm also on the anti-biotics!

Remember, acne is caused when the natural bacteria in your skin gets trapped in blocked pores and reproduces uncontrollably, causing inflammation and ugly pimples. The anti-biotics are definitely a good combo for me as I rarely breakout now and use tretinoin everyday. And using a product like this when you still breakout is pointless. Just talk to your doctor, see what they think.

Edit:

I'll give you guys some more info on my regimen so it might help

1st think in the morning, wash face, let dry and apply 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. Let dry again, apply some moisturizer. I've been using "Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion with sunscreen SPF 15"

Throughout the day I limit touching of the face if possible.

At night wash face again, let dry and apply the tretinoin and nothing else and go to sleep.

Also I take multi-vitamins, fish-oil and the antibiotics daily.

My diet is honestly not the best, too much sodium, sodas, and other crap. Honestly I don't think it has much effect but everyone is different.

Edited by Xlafa

OP, may i know the strength of the tretinoin prescribed to you?

0.025%

I'm seeing a few of you guys are breaking out using this product. That's one of the side effects of this, One thing that I believe helped me was that I'm also on the anti-biotics!

Remember, acne is caused when the natural bacteria in your skin gets trapped in blocked pores and reproduces uncontrollably, causing inflammation and ugly pimples. The anti-biotics are definitely a good combo for me as I rarely breakout now and use tretinoin everyday. And using a product like this when you still breakout is pointless. Just talk to your doctor, see what they think.

Edit:

I'll give you guys some more info on my regimen so it might help

1st think in the morning, wash face, let dry and apply 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. Let dry again, apply some moisturizer. I've been using "Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion with sunscreen SPF 15"

Throughout the day I limit touching of the face if possible.

At night wash face again, let dry and apply the tretinoin and nothing else and go to sleep.

Also I take multi-vitamins, fish-oil and the antibiotics daily.

My diet is honestly not the best, too much sodium, sodas, and other crap. Honestly I don't think it has much effect but everyone is different.

I was curious how long it took you to see huge improvements, I have been using it for 5~6weeks and I'm over the initial breakout but the red marks haven't improved if anything they have actually became slightly worse, my face is a lot smoother but overall it's slightly more red and my red marks are slightly worse.

Ive been on Retin-a for like 8 weeks now and I have seen lots of improvement all the acne on my forehead is gone and cheeks, theres still some small little bumps but they arent that noticable and i just have on big inside bump(no head) on my chin but thats going away now and thats like the only one. I have red marks, a little more than the result pictures posted after using retin-a for 5 months, and I have to say, after seeing this thread I cant wait to continue using retin-a its been about a month and 3 quarters basically and I think when I get to 3 months ill be real happy with my results but anyways I just wanted to say:

If your gonna get Retin-a you have to make it through the initial breakout and stick with it for months to see full improvement, atleast 3 months and if not satisfied then you can find something else, but so far its been pretty good for me and im waiting, Sad I have no before pics but... yeh. I do have a blog thoughh :