Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pbwright22

Question. Anyone who took 10mg a day or less experience severe side effects?

As the title states. Also let me know if your female or male that helps me out. Did anyone who took 10mg or less a day have severe side effects? Did they stay after treatment?

Ohh no way...am on 30mg at the moment and the only side effect that Ive dealt with are dry lips that's all, but then again every one reacts differently. Anyway am pretty sure 10mg you shouldn't experience any sorts of severe side effects., besides dry lips which would be mild (:

im on 40MG once a day. NO side effects but no clearing of acne. Im going to ask for an increase in dose next appointment, and if you stay at 10 Mg you wil have to stay on it for like a year or two (depending on weight) if you dont want to relapse.

As the title states. Also let me know if your female or male that helps me out. Did anyone who took 10mg or less a day have severe side effects? Did they stay after treatment?

Didn't saw a single person who took 5mg or 10mg and had severe side effects that persisted after treatment. Yet this dose [10mg] still works very well for mild to moderate acne.

U can read low dose studies here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20061724

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21114478

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21198520

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21198947

"Comparing our findings with published data, this isotretinoin-sparing regimen was shown to be effective in inducing stable remission and preventing acne relapses in patients with mild-to-moderate acne. Low-cumulative dose regimens may potentially lead to a lower incidence of side-effects and to lower costs than higher doses".

I've been on 10mg a day for 35 days and haven't noticed anything really. Have had maybe 2 nose bleeds during the whole coarse, slightly dry lips. I have A LOT of flaking and exfoliation on my shoulders where my acne was the worst. I'm just over a month in and it's been very effective and I had extremely bad acne congoblata on my shoulders, chest and back, mostly the shoulders though, very painful. Acne was a side effect from another medication I was on (posted a thread on it recently).

Hopefully this nightmare will soon be over but I still have up and down days. Some day's it seems like it really coming together and then other days I'll have another bad breakout but nothing like it used to be.

I'm hoping to get on 10 mg as well. Does anybody know if birth control is required for that dosage for females? I'm trying to avoid bc at all costs. Completely messed up my body when I was on it.

I'm hoping to get on 10 mg as well. Does anybody know if birth control is required for that dosage for females? I'm trying to avoid bc at all costs. Completely messed up my body when I was on it.

YES! BC is definetly still required, no matter what the dose.

I was on low dose initially, then ultra, ultra low dose treatment 1x 10mg per wk for 2 yrs. Total dosage equivalent to a usual high dose 6-7 month acne course. I ended up with Rosacea and Lupus (diagnosed 2010) and yes... subtle symptoms started during Accutane during the ultra, ultra low dose period (e.g. fatigue, light sensitivoty, rosacea symptoms, migraines) dismissed or told 'temporary' by Derms I notified) and got way worse after I got off it. If you wish to read my story and side effects see my post in the negative experiences thread. I still get mild acne a little bit now, and on anti-inflammatory/lupus medication combatting all my inflammative Lupus & Rosacea symptoms to this day :-/ So the moral of the story is even low dose does not mean you won't get side effects months or years later. And yes, I was a normal person with absolutely no health issues (apart from acne) prior to treatment.

Edited by Shantelle