Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lyssgirl

Who has had success with Doxycline?

I have persistent mild acne... congestion and whiteheads basically. I have been on 125 mg of spiro for 10 minths, and just started doxycycline 2 weeks ago. Will doxy help me?!!

Why are you on spiro, do you have PCOS?

I started doxy about a month ago, I honestly can't tell you if it's doing much, I don't think so. The acne.org regimen seems to be doing all the work, i went from a face full of zits and cysts to 95% clear in 3 months. You should check it out, it would work wonders for your mild acne.

Why are you on spiro, do you have PCOS?

I started doxy about a month ago, I honestly can't tell you if it's doing much, I don't think so. The acne.org regimen seems to be doing all the work, i went from a face full of zits and cysts to 95% clear in 3 months. You should check it out, it would work wonders for your mild acne.

I am on spiro because when I got my hormone levels tested, tetosterone was slightly elevated. My sister took it and had great results, and my friend did as well. My skin has improved, but I still have persistent clogged pores and whiteheads which make me feel horrible :/ So I turned to doxy which I have also heard great results. Its been 2 weeks though. and it seems nothing has really changed? So I was wondering if you had an initial breakout, when it started working, how long you were on it etc... I am also on a system my esthiticion gave me which was working really well, but not as well now. What is the acne.org regimen exactly?

I started a month ago and I have a month left.. I dont know if I had an initial breakout because Im on the acne.org regimen and it prevents breakouts.. So maybe I did but the pimples never fully formed because the benzoyl peroxide killed them before they could pop out :) Thats why I also dont know if the doxy is doing much..

The regimen is:

1. Cleanse face gently with a simple non-comedogenic cleanser (such as cetaphil)

2. Apply 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (the acne.org one is your safest bet, you can order it on here)

3. Moisturize with any non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Do this morning and night, and I garantee you will be clear of the whiteheads and pimples within two months, and the benzoyl peroxide prevents any blackhead from forming so with monthly visits to your esthetician, you will be 100% clear before you know it! Then after 2 months, you can incorporate AHA (also sold on this website) to take care of your red marks. Bam, simple as that :)! Check out my log if you want to see pics of how I was before and how I am now, after being on the DKR (dan kern regimen, aka acne.org regimen) for almost 4 months. There are sooo many success stories, look around the board.

I'm currently on doxy now and I can say that it's done WONDERS for my cystic acne! However, I do have a few whiteheads and blackheads on my face and it hasn't done anything for them.

Doxy will (hopefully) work well for any sort of active or recurring bacterial infection... essentially inflamed cysts and pimples. You've got to give it time though. I just finished week five and still have some cyst remnants left. Good luck!

I went to the dermatologist about a week ago and she put me on doxycycline along with some other stuff. I am noticing some pretty good results for just a week, I have mild/moderate acne, but very persistent. I had been getting a lot of whiteheads, but now I don't have one on my face.

NIGHTS

5% benzoyl acne wash (you can get at kaiser pharamacy OTC), retin-a gel 0.025

Mornings

Cetaphil gentle cleanser, neutrogena spf 15 oil free moisturizer with Clindamycin mixed in, and the doxy 2 times daily.

I went to the dermatologist about a week ago and she put me on doxycycline along with some other stuff. I am noticing some pretty good results for just a week, I have mild/moderate acne, but very persistent. I had been getting a lot of whiteheads, but now I don't have one on my face.

NIGHTS

5% benzoyl acne wash (you can get at kaiser pharamacy OTC), retin-a gel 0.025

Mornings

Cetaphil gentle cleanser, neutrogena spf 15 oil free moisturizer with Clindamycin mixed in, and the doxy 2 times daily.

This is very similar to me. persistent whiteheads are so annoying. I would classify me as mild though. Why do you say your mild moderate? Do you have inflamed acne as well? I'm glad to hear doxy is working for you!

yeah, I do get inflamed acne, and this has reduced significantly as well. What makes me happy though, is not waking up to new whiteheads and more inflammation (knock on wood). I hope you have success with the doxy.