Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Haggar

Going to try this again...

Long story short, I've faced Acne since I was about 14. It got terrible at 16. And finally started to go away at 19. I'm 21 now, and I still get the occasional zit here or there (maybe once every month a half), and it goes away pretty quick leaving no marks. That being said, I still have a bunch of, what I believe are called, red marks from my bad acne time. I tried a ton of stuff back then to get rid of them, and some of it worked a little bit, but I'm worried that time does NOT heal all wounds. I don't want even the faintest reminder of my acne on my face anymore.

Attached are some pictures of my current situation. Crappy camera, so they don't look that bad, and really, they aren't, but you guys know how it is it to be the one with acne, and not just look at other peoples.

What I want: The fix to them. I'm done with homebrew solutions, diet changes, magic sacrifices etc. I'm willing to pay big money (okay, only up to $1000) to just get rid of these. I want the tried and true "operation" that everyone can agree on WORKS, and will get rid of these red marks once and for all.

Thank you so much. I used to come to these forums a lot, and I've always appreciated the help so much.

post-148686-1302485928_thumb.png

post-148686-1302485946_thumb.png

post-148686-1302485928_thumb.png

post-148686-1302485946_thumb.png

I don't remember when/for how long, but I certainly gave the following the old college try: Derma-E scar gel (I think for over 6 months? It did a lot, and cleared up/reduced a lot of my red marks, but didn't get rid of them), ACV (I tried for i think a month or two? No noticeable difference from what I remember), and time. I didn't want to pummel my face with things so soon after I finally got rid of acne, so I gave it time to heal. I've had this last batch of scars for over 2 years now though, and my skin looks/feels quite healthy and acne-free, so I'm comfortable with stressing it a little again to get rid of these marks.

As for exfoliation, I generally use this "apricot-scrub" once a week ish. Like I said, with shaving and washing my face, I try to not to do too much to it. Does shaving count as exfoliation?

Hey there! A product that I own and has received rave reviews from consumers is 'Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion' and 'Alpha Hydrox Souffle'. The lotion has 10% glycolic acid and the souffle contains 12% glycolic acid. Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) comes from glycolic acid. Glycolic acid is derived from sugarcane. What the AHA does is unglue the dead layers of your skin to reveal fresh, unblemished skin underneath. The difference between chemical exfoliation and manual exfoliation with the Apricot Scrub is that the chemical penetrates deeper and works more efficiently and produces better results. Also, I suggest not using the Apricot Scrub as your exfoliator. The ground walnut in it can be really irritating to your skin fibers. I suggest exfoliating with a face brush like this one from Sephora instead. The two products come from the brand Alpha Hydrox and can be found in Ulta stores. I am not sure if you live in the US, but that seems to be the only store that carries that line. You can also purchase their products from alphahydrox.com. You will not be disappointed. The AHA works really well at smoothing out your overall skin tone and evening out postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. I use the brush from Sephora with a 3% glycolic acid face wash and some of my marks have already improved in one month.