Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys

If you buy uncoated aspirin and dissolve it in water and put it on ur face it reduces inflammation and exfoliates. has anyone tried it? it is worth a shot- cheap and easy

I have found it to be effective - not greatly effective admittidly, however I have noticed a difference.

In theory, it should work - asprin reduces inflammation, thus reducing redness.

Try it otherwise you'll never know.

It made my skin ultra smooth but i think it caused me to break out. The day after using it i had alot of comedones (skin colored small bumps) and like half of them got inflamed.

^^I think the reason you got comedones was b/c salicylic acid is sloughing off dead skin (aspirin is salicylic acid), therefore any clogged pores would come to the surface. You probably already had those pimples but they weren't on the surface yet....remember I pimple take 6 to 8 weeks to form on top of the skin....crazy long!!

I have heard great reviews from the aspirin mask on Makeup Alley. I've tried it about four times and it makes my skin very soft and my scars less noticeable. I have noticed more breakouts but that is probably just the medicine unclogging my pores.

I have been mixing it with nuetrogena clear pore cleansr mask and it seems to be clearing my skin. been using for the past month and a half. i usually don't like nuetrogena also.