Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, so I started writing this on my phone, so I'm going to just update it in the first post and continue on from there. :)

I'm Bree and hopefully this will be really great to reflect on once I am finished my treatment.

Also! A bit about me!

Bree, 21years old! I have had bad skin since about 13. I went on Akamin when I was 16 and had clear skin from 17-20. I started getting bad skin again after a bad break up about a year ago now. I thought it would just go away, but no. So I've joined the Oratane train!

Day four -

So Oratane for four days now. I broke out on my right cheek mostly, two pimples on my left cheek and the usually on my chin. Popped most of them, which is a big no no. Couldn't help it. They were horrible. But I've set a goal for myself and will try not to pop anymore. The fact that you scar worse on Oratane should be more than enough of an incentive no to anyway. No dry skin as of yet. But that could be due to the amount of Pawpaw and moisturiser that I use. Hopefully.

Found out that I cannot get my tattoo while on this stuff and for 6 months after. Great. Just when I decide what I want.

I've started getting head aches as of last night. Better keep up my fluids!

I am needing to start eating better, but I am worried about gaining weight. So as of now Oratane will be taken after lunch, my biggest meal. I realise I only weigh 38kgs, but I want to remain skinny and have nice skin when I am done!

Either way, I am excited and I hope it works!! xx

Edited by Breetard89

Day four - later that night...

Came home from work and looked at my face in the mirror. Noticed that one of the pimples had gotten a head. So I popped it. Plus four more...

I really have to learn some self control! But how?!

This could turn disastrous. If I don't stop, my skin will end up looking so much worse! I HAVE to stop!

Day five - today!

Popped two more this morning. Both were pimples from last night though, they still had puss left in them, I guess. Hopefully the pimpled I have now are the last of my "initial break out".

My eyes were swollen and dry this morning too. Very uncomfortable! But I sort of have that undercontrol now with the help of Telfast and an ice pack. It doesn't help that the skin around my eyes was already irritated due to proactiv. I really hope the iritation goes away. I booked in a doctors appt tomorrow to see if they can help me at all.

I got my period for about a second today - haven't had it in about 4 months thanks to Yasmin BC. I thought that my pimples may be due to this, I'm not sure. Either way, I came home from work and my period was playing hide and seek again. I'm not complaining though. :P

At about 2pm today, I started feeling horrible. Dry around my eyes, sensitive skin. I rushed to my car on one of my breaks and redid my make-up. Felt a bit better about it once I was done, but it is almost impossible to cover the red around my eyes. I'm glad I don't have a face-to-face customer service job! That's possibly the best thing about working in Police Comms!

Also, as I was driving home from work I noticed my skin was a lot drier. And this is just the begining! xx

Day six -

So the dry skin is here! It's not bad at this stage. I'm not sure how worse it will get, or if it will get worse. Either way it is not unbareable, just feels tight. Also! Looked at my nose this morning and NO BLACKHEADS!! I was amazed. Never in my life have I not had a black head!

I had a shower this morning and when I got out all the skin on my top lip was peeling off. Nothing bad. Peeled it off and was good to go.. Lol.

No pimples popped today. Very proud of myself. Mostly because I have two horrible white heads, they're small, but hard to cover. So they're embarrassing. I am wishing that I will be one of those cases of clearing up straight away, but somehow I don't think that will happen to me! :P

All in all today has been good. Just a regualr day.

xx

Hi :) I came across your log and I also just started Accutane on the 4th!! Since we started on the same day (I think?) maybe we can let eachother know about side effects/suggestions? I haven't gotten dry skin yet just kind-of dry lips (but it's snowing here so maybe that's it but it's not bad at all)...lucky you your blackheads are gone too! I still have blackheads and am wondering when they will go away.

Also did you experience an initial breakout yet? Idk if I got mine or not cause I got my "monthly gift" the same day I started accutane and I broke out in white heads on my chin which never happens. lol...good luck on your treatment hope everything goes smoothly!!!! :D

Hi, sundevil_87!

Sure, it'd be awesome to have someone to talk to who is going through it all at the same time!

I'm not sure if I've had my IB yet because I also got my period on day 5 or 6. Though, it only lasted about a second. But the breakout I have had now could be due to that!

So far I've experience dry skin, but very mild. It just feels like I've been sitting in an air conditioned office for too long.. Haha. Around my eyes is really dry, but I'm assuming that's because of the irritation I got whilst using Proactiv. My lips are also a bit dry, but nothing unusual for this time of year!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you too!

Day seven! 

So a whole week. Only twenty-three to go! Woke up with dry skin, mostly my eyes still. Nothing too major. The skin on my lips is peeling off really easily. Again, nothing too major. Three new pimples on my face too! I have mainly been getting them on my jaw line. Boo. Especially the ones that come to a head. You just cannot cover those. 

This is my first night shift on Oratane too. Bit nervous about not having a proper routine because of my hours. 

I work 2 day shifts - 7am-7pm - and then I get a day off, then 2 night shifts - 7pm-7am and then 3 days off. So my schedule is always all over the place. I think that's going to add to my breakouts! 

Also, I forgot to mention the lovely cyst I have near my ear. It's not a pimple and has been there for a month not. Doctor said it will probably have to be surgically removed. Yay. Blah. So I'll sort that out at my next dermatologist appointment - 17th on May. 

I also haven't seen my boyfriend for about a month now. I'm too embarrassed by my skin, which he always points out because he doesn't think it's a big issue... Anyway, it's really getting to the both of us and our relationship is slowly going down hill. God, I just cannot wait to have clear skin again.

But other than that, still nothing really new. One week mark was rather exciting though. 

xx

Day nine -

Absolutely nothing new. Well, aside from the 2 or 3 tiny pimples that have popped up. They're nothing to worry about though. Everything else seems to be healing well. No new side affects. Dry skin, dry lips. But they're something I don't take too much notice of.

Umm, being on night shift wasn't too bad. I sort of stressed myself out over it when I just shouldn't have.

Nothing else new really.

Broke up with the boyfriend. I'm not sure if that will add to my stresses or take away from. We'll see how things go :)

xx

Two weeks!

So for the last week I have not had one pimple that has come to a head! Thank God! Because they were horrible and I was just so much more inclined to pop one of those. As of right now I have a total of 6 active pimples on my face. Two on my left cheek, one on my right, two on my chin and one on my left temple. They are a lot easier to cover, I mean you can still notice them as they are raised but you can cover them for the most part.

Also, I noticed in the first week my right cheek was pimple central, pimples were all about it! And now they've decided righty is no good and they've moved along to good old lefty. But I'm okay with this, so long as it's not equally as bad on both cheeks. And I guess it's also a sign of improvement.

Hopefully it is all up hill from here. I don't know that I can handle the ups and downs of this drug!

Either way, I'm half way to my first month and let me tell you, it has only been two weeks but those two weeks have absolutely flown by! I am very optimistic at this stage, regardless of the fact that I still do not feel confident to go out with my friends or anything like that, I still am feeling pretty good about it.

xx

Edited by Breetard89