Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Riseht

Make Up For Ever for dudes (?)

I know that make up and guys don't go very well, but if no one realizes it, what is the problem? I've read on the internet about some dudes who wear concealer and no one can tell it. I don't know if it's true, but I came across this product in the Sephora website and I'd like to know what you guys think about it:

w ww.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P151107&categoryId=S10820&shouldPaginate=true#

(Just put the www together to see the link)

On its description it says "Designed to cover major imperfections like scars, hyperpigmentation, major discoloration, burns, and tattoos". Since I have some of these problems and I'm willing to conceal them, my question is: would it be too obvious if I were to wear it (concealer only, nothing else)?

Thank you very much.

PS: I also found this other concealer which title is "invisible". Would it be any better than the previous one?

ww w.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P242203&categoryId=S10820&shouldPaginate=true

Edited by Riseht

I would go with the first concealer.

and the key to having invisible concealer is color match and proper application!!!

color match: pick the one closest to your skin color, put a little on an area of your face you will be using it a lot, and look at how it looks in natural light (ie sunshine) - getting the right light is extremely important!! at least for me fluorescents make concealer look like a better match than it is.

application: squeeze out a TINY amount (my mom has that stuff, I know how potent it is) onto your fingertip and very gently PAT it on, and pat around the edges, moving out. don't rub it, it won't work as well.

and there you have it :)

Thank you very much. I just bought it, and I believe the color tone is fine, but I'm still not sure if I'm applying it right. Do I need to use a brush or something?

Thank you very much. I just bought it, and I believe the color tone is fine, but I'm still not sure if I'm applying it right. Do I need to use a brush or something?

Sometimes I find it easier to apply by using my fingers since the heat melts it a little, just make sure your hands are clean. You can also use a brush if you want. The outcome is similar, I just prefer to use my hands.