Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emd100

Need advice for EMatrix treatment!

Hi all! I'm new to the chat boards and saw this conversation and was hoping for some advice. Sassy, and some of the others, I noticed you are experienced with the EMatrix treatment. I just went for a consultation with American Laser Skincare today for possible Ematrix treatments. I had a few questions and was hoping for some people's advice!!

1) Has anyone used American Laser Skincare before?? What is your opinion on them?

2) I don't have very deep scarring. My scarring is from recent acne scars that do tend to fade after a year. However, they are increasing and it is becoming unbearable to look at my face. There are probably 5-6 scars I would like lessened.

The lady I was working with discussed a treatment of 4-8, which I could not afford. So we discussed a package of 2 Ematrix laser treatments, and 2 chemical peels.

In your opinion (and any of yours that are experienced with this kind of treatment(s), would this be beneficial? I know you can not see my face at the moment. But I try to paint the picture of-- easy scarring skin, not super deep, usually fade after a year. But starting to increase. Can be covered up with concealer easily. But noticeable with no makeup.

I will do the 2 Ematrix and 2 chemical peels, but just want to make sure it is worth it before I pay the money. Do you think I would see solid and noticeable results with that amount? IT will be around $1500 (they have a special going on and I got a "coupon")

Any advice or thoughts?!

Thank you SO much in advance! The offer is only on the table "Till tomorrow night...."

From the tone of your post, it seems as though your scars are not indented, but simply hyper/hypo pigmented? Chemical peels would probably resolve those better than an eMatrix. The traditional eMatrix treatments are done to stimulate collagen reformation in the dermis to help raise up indented scars (ice picks, rolling, boxscar). Are they offering to do the e2 on you? This is the eMatrix handpiece w/ 144 tips that is used primarily for pigmentation issues and only addresses needs in the epidermis.

Best of luck w/ whichever you choose.

are your scars depressed (holes) or raised (bumps) or flat but discolored?

i suggest you don't take their offer and spend a lot more time researching before deciding on a course of action... 1500$ for 2 ematrix and 2 chemical peels doesn't sound that great anyway

Edited by Brawn

are your scars depressed (holes) or raised (bumps) or flat but discolored?

i suggest you don't take their offer and spend a lot more time researching before deciding on a course of action... 1500$ for 2 ematrix and 2 chemical peels doesn't sound that great anyway

Thank you Brawn and Sassy so much, I really appreciate it! My scars aren't indented or depressed OR raised. They are all flat, but just discolored. Almost look like dark freckles, which my skin doesn't have many.

I think I might just stick with the microderm or peels as you had suggested. At least start with that, and give it some time. I just wasn't sure what to do. My face used to just have scars here and there, but now it is becoming increasingly apparent. I will stick with the peels!

Thank you again!

don't bother with microdermabrasion, waste of money, it only removes a superficial layer of skin

you do not have scarring. what you have is hyperpigmentation, which should always fade completely, although it may take a very long time. doing nothing is usually the best course of action

but if you really want to fade them asap, then acid is your best option, and you can even do this at home

among the acids, the best acid for lightening skin is mandelic acid

you can find this from MUAC or Garden of Wisdom

MUAC has 25% concentration mandelic acid, whereas GoW has lower concentrations, i advise that you start with lower concentrations first to see what your skin can handle

just use google to find their sites and you can order the acids online

Edited by Brawn