Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris-6

what else should i cut out of my diet?

ok so i look at pictures of my acne over the years and it seems like there was times where it was alot better than now. right now its mild to moderate like 10 - 15 active pimples at a time.

through the years i did a bunch of different diets and it was better but i don't know what caused it to be less or what foods made it worse.

my current diet consists of

vegetables- all

starches- brown rice white potatoes yucca sweet potatoes navy beans quinoa sushi rice

meats- mainly beef turkey bacon and chicken breast

fats- coconut oil some tallow and a bit of macadamia nut oil

i pretty much eat the same stuff everyday.

so what would you cut out? ive been off dairy for months, cutting out dairy did give me less breakouts but did not cure my acne. only tell me to cut out a certain food if you know it made your acne worse or have some sort of scientific proof . maybe its time to try benzyol peroxide? ive had acne for too long.

Edited by Chris-6

Your bacon I am assuming has other ingredients in it other than bacon?

Are you taking any supplements/vitamins? If you are, they need to be gluten, dairy, soy, corn and sugar free.

I would remove the white potato just in case you have a nightshade sensitivity.

Eat meat that comes from animals that were not fed gluten.

Do you make the sushi yourself at home or do you eat it out at restaurants? Resaurants use sprays like "PAM" which has about 30 ingredients in it to keep their rice cookers oiled. They'll also add ingredients like mayonaise and all sorts of other things so that it will be hard to keep track of your diet.

no the bacon is not a problem its all natural turkey bacon uncured

i dont eat any cereals or wheat only whats listed

its just white rice- jasmine or sushi i sometimes have. not sushi

i was thinking to cut out white potato too or beans? and evidence these things cause acne in some ppl?

Cut out all of the rice, white potatoes, and beans. I'm not sure about yucca. I don't know much about it aside from it containing quite a bit of fructose (someone correct me if I'm wrong) which might also be something to consider cutting out.

Your starches are very high glycemic, can cause blood sugar and spikes and alas - acne.

Beans contain lectins which can also contribute to acne as well.

Edited by gMARIAs

gmaria what carb sources are ok? i need alot of carbs daily. im thin. and already eat alot vegetables/meats. how do you get more than 50 grams carbs per day on this diet?

if i do that ill probably have to add back in some sort of wheat bread or something

Edited by Chris-6

gmaria what carb sources are ok? i need alot of carbs daily. im thin. and already eat alot vegetables/meats. how do you get more than 50 grams carbs per day on this diet?

if i do that ill probably have to add back in some sort of wheat bread or something

Vegetables aren't too bad with carbs as long as you eat enough of them. By enough I don't mean too much. Fruit is also just as good. You could try some quinoa, or oats (the kind that haven't been contaminated by gluten).

You could even try some sprouted-grain organic bread. It all depends on how sensitive you are to gluten. I eat all of the above including almonds/peanut butter (has got a good amount of carbs as well) and don't experience any problems.

isnt there a way to make high GI foods low GI like add fat?

how can i make my body tolerate high GI foods without causing acne? when i was younger i could eat anything and not have acne. not until 17 did it get bad.

what about soaked beans? what beans are lowest in lectins? brown rice low gi? thanks

Edited by Chris-6

isnt there a way to make high GI foods low GI like add fat?

how can i make my body tolerate high GI foods without causing acne? when i was younger i could eat anything and not have acne. not until 17 did it get bad.

what about soaked beans? what beans are lowest in lectins? brown rice low gi? thanks

Yes, fat and fiber lower the glycemic impact. Remember, it's the load of the meal that matters.

Lentils and broad beans like limas are either lower in lectins or contain less problematic lectins. And sweet potatoes are a great food. Have with olive oil and cayenne pepper or spicy salt blend.

get rid of the starches for a while. Try a paleo diet, but stay will the low glycemic vegetables for now. Try to eat organic if you can, and make sure your meats are grassfed or free range. Antibiotic an hormone free of course.

ok so i look at pictures of my acne over the years and it seems like there was times where it was alot better than now. right now its mild to moderate like 10 - 15 active pimples at a time.

through the years i did a bunch of different diets and it was better but i don't know what caused it to be less or what foods made it worse.

my current diet consists of

vegetables- all

starches- brown rice white potatoes yucca sweet potatoes navy beans quinoa sushi rice

meats- mainly beef turkey bacon and chicken breast

fats- coconut oil some tallow and a bit of macadamia nut oil

i pretty much eat the same stuff everyday.

so what would you cut out? ive been off dairy for months, cutting out dairy did give me less breakouts but did not cure my acne. only tell me to cut out a certain food if you know it made your acne worse or have some sort of scientific proof . maybe its time to try benzyol peroxide? ive had acne for too long.

Cut out all of the rice, white potatoes, and beans.

Really? I live on rice and beans. I used to eat lots of pasta but i cut that out

because of wheat and glutan. Beans and rice are glutan free

so i thought they'd be safe to eat. Feel like a right dick now. What a waste of time.

high carbs can cause problems, idk try it. it helped me so much, and I know it works for alot of other ailments. Just read up on it and try it, nothing to lose.

when we were younger and ate all the high carb high sugar junk and it didn't "affect" us... is not really true. It was affecting us and most likely predisposes us to the acne in the first place. Not good for your body or the immune system. Strong body, strong immune system, no acne. Hard realization when we get so used to the yummy highly processed artificial stuff. As for beans and other things.. try cutting it out to just see if there is any difference.

Really? I live on rice and beans. I used to eat lots of pasta but i cut that out

so i thought they'd be safe to eat. Feel like a right dick now. What a waste of time.

Edited by Nightlilly89

i would keep eating the beans - they are low glycemic, soak your beans if your worried about the lectins. i eat eden canned beans because they are already soaked and in bpa free steel cans

i did some research and mixing beans with rice will lower the glycemic load also

dont have more than 1/2 cup brown rice or 3/4 cup beans per meal to keep GI low. i think brown rice is a bit lower GI than white b/c the fiber...

i dont want to go ultra low carb again cause i feel better with carbs and i would loose like 15 lbs -mostly muscle.

my skin already looks better; i was eating huge portions of brown/ white rice or potatoes at each meal

Edited by Chris-6

I went vegan and cleared up soon after. Before that I was vegetarian, skin was still bad, I then cut out dairy, eggs, honey, everything and never looked back.

I ask, if you REALLY care so much about your skin, give veganism a try for a few months. What's the worst that can happen?

worst thing that can happen is that your diet mainly consists of grains beans or soy and high carb foods, which isn't the best form of nutrition.

I went vegan and cleared up soon after. Before that I was vegetarian, skin was still bad, I then cut out dairy, eggs, honey, everything and never looked back.

I ask, if you REALLY care so much about your skin, give veganism a try for a few months. What's the worst that can happen?

cut out grains and gluten/wheat/rice/oats/quinoa etc... cut out all sugars.. my only scientific proof is my log which is in the other holistic section. I went from 10-20 active pimples at a time to only 1 active one right now.. At the moment I only eat meat/fish/veggies and I cheat once a week with almond butter (which usually makes me break out)