Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leit

Moisturise more than 2 times a day?

Hi everyone,

I tried to start the regime last weekend, and I made the mistake of starting off with the full amount of BP first time. I thought I could handle it because I've been using a high percentage BP wash every evening for a few years. However my skin became extremely dry. I've stopped applying BP now, and only cleansing + moisturising twice a day. However my skin is still EXTREMELY dry. I was wondering whether it would be okay to moisturise throughout the day, to regulate my skin to normal levels again, and then restart the regimen with the small amount of BP as Dan recommends?

Thanks!

OK thank you very much for the response! It's really appreciated!

Is it okay to apply it again even if my skin is really flaky? It's so tight that I can't even smile properly.

What percentage BP are you using? perhaps you are starting off too high. The areas that are flaky - are those areas acne prone? If not DONT use the BP there.

I slap on the moisteriser pretty much ALL day! Nothing is worse than dry flaky skin. Before the BP I had lovely dewy young looking skin (the only problem was bloody spots!) and I hate looking so old and scritchy now! But im hoping that will settle down with time.

Crack out that moisturiser!