Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikon

The most upsetting thing a stranger has said about your acne?

I went camping with my friends after christmas and while doing a trail and we started talking what we got for christmas and i told them i got an ipod and he saids " u should of told santa to brign you PROACTIV".. all my friends started laughing.. i got mad and told him well at least im not still a VIRGIN hahahah he shut up lol it felt good

I waited 6 months to go to one of the best dermatologists in my area. She told me I didn't have bad acne just large pores. When I asked what could be done about it she said 'nothing.'

I asked about diet, creams, natural treatments and cosmetic treatments. She looked me straight in the eye and said, 'no none of that will help. There are no miracles, sorry,' and walked out of the room.

Would've actually preferred a stranger saying this to me instead of a dermatologist aka someone who supposedly knows about skin.

I waited 6 months to go to one of the best dermatologists in my area. She told me I didn't have bad acne just large pores. When I asked what could be done about it she said 'nothing.'

I asked about diet, creams, natural treatments and cosmetic treatments. She looked me straight in the eye and said, 'no none of that will help. There are no miracles, sorry,' and walked out of the room.

Would've actually preferred a stranger saying this to me instead of a dermatologist aka someone who supposedly knows about skin.

Had the same problem! My GP AND a dermatologist told me nothing will help scars. Bullshit!

I've never had a stranger say anything I don't think, but whats worse is when your friends, who have flawless skin make "subtle" comments about your acne. I know, they're my friends and I love them but I seriously want to punch them when they say this and I'm not a violent person.

I've never had a stranger say anything I don't think, but whats worse is when your friends, who have flawless skin make "subtle" comments about your acne. I know, they're my friends and I love them but I seriously want to punch them when they say this and I'm not a violent person.

Yo real talk everytime i see one of my friends how always says every since you started that cream your face looks like shit

jsut so insensitive i feel like chopping off his balls lmao the cream is retin-a

Well i don't have bad acne but one day at school I was playing basketball with my friends and I got mad over a stupid call and after the game I was walking to class and one of my 'friends' said "chill pizza face" and I was like just laughing it off because I knew that my face wasn't a pizza face at the time i only had around 3 - 4 small pimples on my chin.

One day in school it was lunch period so I was sitting with my friends and just talking about stuff, and one kid that was sitting with us for some reason started to get into an argument with me over something stupid, I think it was who was better LeBron or Kobe or something like that, and I owned him but at the end he said "well at least I don't have pimples on my face!" and I laughed (the funny thing was that this kid was like barely 5 feet, he didn't even start puberty yet, and he kept bringing it up about my acne and shit so I punched him in the face and got sent to the principals office and gave him a black eye and a scar on his cheek, and after that he never said anything about my acne ever since.

Ew.

I remember a few years ago, when I was quite a tomboy and didn't care about my skin at all one guy told me "look there are blackheads all over your chin" and I was like "so what?" : D , also one girl, my class friend used to ask me "why don't you squeeze those blackheads on your nose?" , I don't know, but it didn't hurt me at all and I am friends with her, I know she didn't mean anything bad or offensive. I was so laid back about my appearance back then.

Later my first boy friend told me that I would be beautiful if not my skin.

Small children tend to ask about acne sometimes, I once got really upset by the words of my little cousin, which is actually a spoiled little kid but then I remembered my other cousin, a very sweet and intelligent little girl, who told me that I am the most beautiful in the world and that she wants to be like me, so, I just smiled at those bad words.

one of the worst things thats happened to me has to be the time when I was walking downtown (back when I went outside), this man and his daughter were walking the other way, and when his daughter got close to me she tripped on a crack in the sidewalk. the dad said that I almost caused his daughter to pass out because she saw how jacked up my face is. everyone that heard started laughing, I couldnt even run away because they made a circle around me and started pushing me in the mud. when I got up, I was all muddy and then they said "now he HAS to take a shower" (of course since everyone thinks acne is caused by being dirty). I was so humiliated that I havnt been outside since (2 years)

My siblings used to make fun of me for acne. Whenever we would be fighting/arguing they'd point out my acne as an insult, like they were better than me. Even at the dinner table my brother (just to mess with me) would stare like an idiot at the cysts on my face with a mean smile on his face. Do you know how horrible it is to feel like you can't show your face to people? to family?

My mother used to back me up on my skin, but lately she's the one to point it out. She's a lot shorter than me, so I can tell when she's examining my face - she'll cock her head back and make a scrutinizing face behind her reading glasses. Sometimes she'll just look at my face and be like "you need to drink more water" or "stop picking" or "all those foods you eat are giving you acne" or "are you using that face stuff"

a couple years ago I went to get a haircut; The lady had to wash my hair first, and as she began pulling it back i kept thinking, "please don't notice my acne, please don't notice my acne!" (I would use my bangs to cover up the pimples on my forehead, and I felt as if she was unveiling my horrible skin as she began to wash my hair.

Then she proceeded to say "you should do something different with your hair so it doesn't cause zits". and when she said it, it wasn't like she was trying to help - it was more like she was annoyed by the fact that I had acne. I remember my whole body froze, I could barely reply with a "mmhmm". With acne, it's not like you don't know it's there. To go out, you have to build up this wall of courage, and with one person making a comment like that to point it out, it just shatters the whole wall you've built. you just want to crawl in a hole.

People are so ignorant though. If there was a way for us to get rid of acne, we'd do it! Yes, we wash our face, we drink plenty of water, we avoid greasy foods, we've tried over the counter and proactiv and all those random homemade things. And we are COMPLETELY aware that we have these unwanted buggers on our face!

Acne is like anything else you wouldn't point out to somebody - weight, a disability, an illness/condition, etc.

For instance, my sister has no acne, but she does have a bad metabolism. I on the other hand, can eat pasta, ice cream, and chocolate for weeks on end without gaining a single pound. (that is not my usual diet of course). We both eat the same foods since we live together, but she can't help it that she gains weight easily, and I can't help it that I can't gain weight easily. She can't help it that she doesn't get acne and I can't help it that I do. Not everyone's bodies are the same, so we can't treat them that way.

If I saw someone missing an arm, I would not go up to them and recommend they buy a prosthetic. If I saw a chemo patient, I would not point out that their bald. If I saw an obese person I would not tease them for it. So why must people be cruel and point out our acne - which we can't help that we have! :(

When I was about 8 years old I chipped my front tooth (it was a very small chip but noticeable). I remember a couple years later I was talking to a boy and he randomly interjected "your tooth is chipped". what did he expect me to say? "oh my, i had no idea!" or "thank you captain obvious!" >__< i told him plainly that i had had the chip for sometime. I got it filled when I was about 14. but still why must people just state the obvious - especially when it's a flaw of yours!

Nobody should have to take advice from any stranger for acne. Maybe some of you should be direct and say "Thank you, but I'm working with a dermatologist to fix the issue".

one of the worst things thats happened to me has to be the time when I was walking downtown (back when I went outside), this man and his daughter were walking the other way, and when his daughter got close to me she tripped on a crack in the sidewalk. the dad said that I almost caused his daughter to pass out because she saw how jacked up my face is. everyone that heard started laughing, I couldnt even run away because they made a circle around me and started pushing me in the mud. when I got up, I was all muddy and then they said "now he HAS to take a shower" (of course since everyone thinks acne is caused by being dirty). I was so humiliated that I havnt been outside since (2 years)

I went into a moment of shock after reading this. But i am awake now and i have to say...what the hell. This may be the worst thing i've ever heard of, and dude, please take comfort in that. What i mean to say is that this is not normal. You encountered a group of the most f'd up people planet earth has ever seen, all at the same time. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Seriously, if i didn't read some of the testimonies on this site i would not believe people could be so cruel. And this isn't to undermine all of the other stories in this thread, cause they are incredible and absolutely relatable.

OMG...so many fuckers out there.

a little kid asked me if I had chicken pox on my face and then his mom proceeded to laugh as if the comment her son made was funny.

I didn't find it funny... great parenting :naughty:

20 years from now that very same kid will be desperately trying to log into acne.org and seek help about the dozens nodules on his face :P

Hahaha that cheered me up!

A lot of these were painful to read because I know if someone said them to me, I'd cry.

Everytime I see the dermatologist I cry afterwards. Such a kind man, but having to talk about it with no makeup on, feeling completely naked just makes me cry.

You wouldn't tell an overweight person that they should try Jenny Craig,right? So unfair.

When I was in middle school, a group of kids that rode my bus told me I should burn the skin off my face. They also laughed at me and told me I was so disgusting that I should just stay home. I've also had customers (when I worked in a pharmacy) ask me what I'm "taking" for my skin. An ex-boyfriend's sister pointed out my acne (karma's a bitch, she has it now, too). Another ex told me that if I didn't look/feel pretty I shouldn't even come over to see him. Luckily, my husband couldn't care less about my skin, but I do. Sigh, back to the derm tomorrow! I wish everyone could just let it go. It's like... do they think we just NEVER look in a mirror? We know what we look like. The last thing anyone with acne needs is someone ELSE to point it out.

Wow, that's a really traumatic experience.. But you have to realize that these were just stupid mean bullies and trust me you're not their only victim, I bet they pull this stuff with all kinds of people, and acne just happened to be an easy thing for them to hurt you with.

I really hope you can try to live your life a little.

The worst thing anyone has ever said to me, came from a man I was involved with. He told me on the phone that he didn't like me because "I had the complexion of a golf ball". I still cry everyday because of that comment. He also texted me that I should use Dawn dish soap as it cuts grease. I think he has mental issues to be so cruel to someone who is obviously suffering already. Once I saw my boss cringe while he was talking to me. I went through a freak breakout of large huge horrible cysts that left me witha face full of scars. It's been a year and I"m getting total fx next week I think..

I haven't had many instances of people being outright mean about my skin, but the few that have occurred have come from friends and family. You'd think those would be the people you could trust to NOT make those kinds of comments.

1) When I was in the fourth grade ( Yes, FOURTH GRADE. I was only like 10 years old and already had acne) a girl in my class asked me what all the spots on my face were and said "my brother has those." Her brother was like 17.

2) I got such a bad cyst under my eye in the 5th grade, a girl in my class asked what it was and I told her it was a spider bite to avoid the humiliation of explaining what acne was. I was 11. 11-year-olds shouldn't have to deal with that.

3) My little sister would call me zit-face or something else acne-related when we'd get into an argument. However, she got what was coming to her in the end, because she suffered even worse acne than I did during her early teen years.

4) In high school I worked at Burger King, and helped one of my best friends (and I had a crush on him at the time) get a job there. He'd been working there a few weeks, and one day at lunch he proceeded to say "Oh my God, working at Burger King is sooooo bad for my skin, it causes so much acne." He didn't have a single frikkin' zit on his face. The worst part was that he kept looking at me while he said it (my skin was the worst in high school) and kind of smiling, almost like he was trying to point out how bad my skin was. All my other friends at the table stopped talking and just kinda looked around at each other, I knew they were thinking about me and my skin. I almost started crying right there, I couldn't say a word the rest of the lunch period. Some friend. That was the last day of my crushing on him. He's now a bum and drug-addict living in the slums of Brooklyn NY, so yeah, no real loss there.

never got comments about it actually... ive had like a younger punk ass cousin be like "nice zit" but thats it, think that happened once

at school never heard anything

I think the most hurtful thing someone's ever said to me was when I worked at the customer service desk at a grocery store, there's usually 4 people that work at Customer Service, and this customer was used to seeing the other people, I was new and she actually said "I thought pretty-people worked at customer service..." then continued with "well, if you got rid of the stuff on your face, then you'd be pretty..." as if that made me feel better... This was 6 years ago... but still hurts a whole lot... I am constantly reminded everywhere I go, especially the mall, I am always approached by the Dead Sea Scrub, or ProActive people... I can't catch a break.

Getting asked if I shower, have tried proactive and all those "magnificent" acne products. I've also gotten all of the Zitface and pizzaface comments, as well as having someone tell me that they're gonna punch me square in the nose and pop all my blackheads.

seriously how does this HAPPEN? people are so immature how can they make fun of you guys like that?!?!?

i feel like "make fun of the messed up face YOURE going to have once im done with it!" ugh stupid people.