Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunkist08

question about tape method

Hey everybody, I'm new here, but I have been looking at this site for a while and decided to join so I could ask some questions.

I was just wondering. What exactly is the tape method and has anyone gotten good results from it??

Also, does putting vinegar on redmarks help fade them? I have just started doing this and it burns when I put it on. Should I stop doing this??

If you could answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks so much!!

Hi

Q: What is the tape method of exfoliation?

A: This is a method whereby a piece of scotch/gift tape is applied to the surface of the skin and then gently removed. Once the tape is removed there may be pieces of dead skin that remain on the tape. Take care in using harsh topicals when this method is employed, as they will most likely irritate the skin moreso than if tape were not used.

For more information, check out this thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=1320

Q: What is the Lemon & Vinegar Method?

A: This is a method that may improve the appearance of shallow, rolling scars. Drink either Robinson’s Lemon Barley Water or plain water with half a teaspoon of lemon juice to a full glass of water throughout the day. It is best to use fresh lemons if possible. Use any diluted vinegar (organic apple cider if possible, malt or white are also acceptable) in warm water to splash onto the face day and night. You may have to experiment to find the right combination of water to vinegar. Try diluting it 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water to start with. First wash your face with your normal cleanser, and then apply the vinegar (dab the solution on with cotton balls and leave on) before other topicals/moisturizers (apply topicals 20 minutes later). You should see an improvement within a week or two.

For more information, read this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=4885

It will burn, it did for me, make sure you dilute it 50% water and 50% vinegar so it isn't to harsh and doesn't stain your skin.

The tape pulls the superficial dead (hopefully) skin cells off, so anything that is harsh will be even more harsh. Vinegar is acidic so I assume it could be a bit much to do both. BTW I did the tape for a while and it exfoliates very well! laugh.gif

Hey Maya, How are you? I've suffered from acne since I was 12 years old. I used so many products such as proactive, acnefree, glycolic acid and salicylic acid. None has worked best for me. One of the products is proactive that kind of okay. It helps me at first, but then I have to used it constantly. I cant stand it, so I stop. Now that I'm 21 years old. And still suffered from acne but not worsed than before. The thing I used to wash my face now is purpose soap bar to wash my face. Due to the past acne, it left me alot of red marks on my cheek. I have to cover it up everyday by makeup. I was hoping that the method you used as tape would work on me. I am really happy that it works on yours and some of the viewers. Could you help me out. Thank you so much.

Bettie