Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mike29919619

Causes for oily skin, especially on nose?

for about 2 years i have had extremely oily skin particularly on my forehead and nose. because of this the pores on my nose are enlarged and visible, and you can see each one with little droplets of sebum. i bath once a day every day, now what im thinking is maybe this is overdrying my skin and so its compensating by producing more sebum? please could someone clear this up for me, thanks!

If you're only washing your face once a day, it's very unlikely that you're drying your face to the point of compensation to this degree. If you're really concerned, try switching to a mild and/or moisturizing face wash. Chances are your oily face is just due to your hormones, genetics, and maybe lifestyle. Drugstores sell (I forgot the name of them) wipes or single-use pads to help remove excess oil throughout the day. If you're really bothered by the oil, try using those!

I have no final word on this, but I've heard from people on this site that sebum cannot be caused by external factors, only internal. For instance, you cannot scrub your face and have excess sebum be the result.

Oil comes from hormones inside. At least this is my very limited understanding of this.

Anyone care to give a final word on this?

If you go to the "General acne products" forum, you'll see "Oily skin issues" near the top as one of the subforums. It's also listed as a subforum beneath "General acne products" in the main forum list.

Edited by Ella12