Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JonnyUK

Accutane with duac?

Hi guys,

I'm taking my blood test on friday and hopefully if everything is fine i go on accutane. I'm just wondering if i can use duac daily gel with accutane? I had a really bad reaction with BP after being prescribed to it a month ago so i haven't used anything since. I used duac daily gel before but it stopped working, i'm thinking of actually going bk to it to see whether it will work. I got a few whiteheads, and i don't think it will go away just using antibiotics (currently on lymecycline).

Any advice is appreciated :)

Hi guys,

I'm taking my blood test on friday and hopefully if everything is fine i go on accutane. I'm just wondering if i can use duac daily gel with accutane? I had a really bad reaction with BP after being prescribed to it a month ago so i haven't used anything since. I used duac daily gel before but it stopped working, i'm thinking of actually going bk to it to see whether it will work. I got a few whiteheads, and i don't think it will go away just using antibiotics (currently on lymecycline).

Any advice is appreciated :)

Hey there,

I just started accutane a couple days ago actually. I wouldn't use Duac at the same time while taking accutane. Words from my derm: You should really only be using a light cleanser (morning and night) and a moisturizer w/ spf (if going outside). Accutane should take care of everything, i hope it does for me.. and you too!

- John