Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ameriwife

Eucerin as moisturizer

Like a dummy, I read the ingredients in the Eucerin intensive repair lotion AFTER I put it on. I'm just desperate for my skin to be hydrated! I used it before in the past while on accutane, which I wouldn't know if it caused a breakout. Anyways, it has mineral oil and isopropyl palmitate which are "no no" ingredients in Dan's list. Does anyone use Eucerin as a face lotion? I'm afraid in a few days I will break out :-/

I've been using this lotion on my face since I was about 13, both off and on the regimen. But I will say that this lotion is NOT FOR EVERYONE. I have had a ton of private messages in my inbox from people on the forums saying how they followed my regimen in my signature and used this lotion and hated it because it's either too greasy or it makes their skin red. My brother hates this lotion too because he says that it makes his skin look like an oil slick.

Despite all of the bad reviews and comments I have gotten, this is still my favorite lotion by far. It is very greasy (no getting away from it), but it is one of the best lotions I have used to get rid of dry, flaky skin. I once used original Eucerin because the store didn't have this one in stock and my skin became so dry and flaky. Switched back to this stuff, and my skin became nice and moisturized in a couple days again.

I was also afraid of using this because it contained mineral oil. I had actually been using this lotion while on the regimen for about two years and decided to look at the ingredients one day for shits and giggles. I noticed that it contained mineral oil which is a huge NO NO for skin care fanatics. I had never broken out from using it, though. I guess it works differently for everyone. You may find that you break out from the mineral oil while I am able to use this lotion twice a day on my face for years with no ill side effects.

It's worth a try, but if you notice you start breaking out, just stop using it. Hope this has helped...

Edited by Kat Kerfuffle

Thanks Kat. Well I used it the other night and I loved it. I woke up the next morning for the first time without flakes! Yes it is oily, but I feel that it actually moisturizes my skin. I noticed one new pimple the nex day, but I'm not sure that it would act that fast. Anyways, I'll wait a few more days and maybe try it again. My skin needs to seriously heal. Dan's moisturizer simply isn't cutting it- no matter how many pumps I use ot jojoba oil. Maybe I'll wait until the 3 month mark to switch? I naturally have dry skin anyway. Thanks again for your reply!

Oh ya, broke out all over on my chest after using the AHA+... :-/ I was 99.9% clear on my chest, then a few days after 8 new pimples. Ugh. So the few active pimples now could be from the AHA about a week ago.

Glad to hear you like the Eucerin! I wish more people loved it like I do :) And yeah, the AHA+ didn't work for me either. I used it this past summer because everyone was raving about it and saying how your skin will glow on it. I used it once every three nights as a nighttime moisturizer and I would break out with a new pimple almost every two days. I also gave it almost two months to work since I took into consideration that it might break me out initially. But after two months? My skin is completely clear now that I'm not using it.

The Eucerin lotion that you used contains a very small amount of AHA that gets the job done without being overly irritating. I don't feel that sometimes painful "sting" that I did when using the AHA+. Plus, you can use it as your main moisturizer like I do. I've read a lot of posts where people were saying that they over exfoliated with the AHA+ and with the Eucerin, that's not possible.

As far as the excess grease, I find a generic napkin works well for that. Instead of buying special oil blotting sheets, just use one of those generic kitchen napkins and blot your face. You'll be amazed at how much oil you pick up and you'll be able to benefit from the Eucerin while not having to deal with excess oil from it.

Hope it works for you in the future when you go back to using it :)

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

i was using the same eucerin thing i think, n it didnt do a shit, if only give more redness n irritation (it was for sensitive skin btw), dont remember about breaking out from it tho, i was breaking out like usually n thats it

Hi Kat.

I currently use Eucerin with urea face cream, and it has been the best moisturiser by far that has worked best for me. Although it doesn't completely take care of my dryness.

Is this the moisturiser you use?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eucerin-Therapy-In...1010&sr=8-4

Yes, that's the exact same moisturizer I use. I also mix between 5-6 drops of jojoba oil into it when applying it twice a day.