Notifications
Clear all

Zinc and D3 causing vivid dreams ?

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 03/05/2011 4:29 pm

I have been looking for an alternative to topical treatments and after doing some research on the message boards have started off with 50mg zinc and 1000IU's of Vitamin D3.

I took the first pills yesterday morning and found that last night I experienced really vivid dreams which I've never had before. I also feel asleep early this afternoon (I was very tired) and the same thing happened again, they were so vivid it felt so real and a bit disturbing.

Has anyone else found this ? I am on anti-depressants at the moment so maybe is some sort of reaction from that. That said, I find it hard to believe that just one dose would have this effect. On the other hand, my skin did look good this morning, but I think it was just a placebo effect...

MemberMember
(@dna)

Posted : 03/06/2011 9:32 am

Zinc also does this for me. Sometimes I'll be able to remember 5 or so dreams when I wake up. It doesn't happen if I take it mid day and it also doesn't happen all the time even when I take it towards late at night. Sometimes it can keep me up and make it difficult to sleep if I take it before bed, it differs.

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 03/06/2011 11:19 am

thanks for your reply dna, the same thing happened again last nights. Its not really a problem, its just a bit strange and i wake up feeling a but emotional from what i dreamed of. Hopefully it wont happen every night.

MemberMember
(@mebe)

Posted : 03/06/2011 12:03 pm

dreams are fun. movies during boring sleep.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/06/2011 2:36 pm

must be zinc then bcz lately ive been using d3 2000-3000 iu & havent had no dreams at all for a while now anywayz

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 03/08/2011 3:17 pm

yes, vitamin d in high doses(4-8000 iu's) usually contribute to deep dreams. along with melatonin supps. also, calcium contributes as well.

MemberMember
(@inquisitivecreature)

Posted : 05/11/2011 5:04 pm

If you look through the zinc reviews, there are some people who report having the same effect.

MemberMember
(@smackd)

Posted : 05/14/2011 10:58 pm

I take a zinc pill mid-day, but I still get dreams where I wake up chewing on my pillow.

MemberMember
(@koolfanman)

Posted : 05/16/2011 4:28 pm

After starting taking zinc Ive had the craziest dream in awhile. I stopped taking 100mg after that. I was literally running the entire dream from people that were trying to kill me, hopping fences hiding in peoples backyards. It was insane and scary, I woke up kinda shaken lol.

MemberMember
(@epicdermis)

Posted : 05/22/2011 8:59 am

I noticed this too. The first couple nights of using it, I always remembered my dreams the next morning. Then I started taking my supplement after breakfast and I don't think it's been happening anymore (at least, if I've been dreaming I don't remember them).

MemberMember
(@bonbonique)

Posted : 05/22/2011 9:37 am

I take zinc tabs on a daily basis haven't had any 'vivid' dreams yet..

MemberMember
(@dreamer123)

Posted : 06/14/2021 6:41 am

Im an avid dreamer already, have been ever since I turned 30 and gave up drinking. Anyway, since taking zinc and only a 25mg tablet my dreams have been much more intense. This is only the third time taking it, but last night I decided to take it after dinner because Im fighting a cold. Well, I just woke up and I almost remember all three dreams which is highly unusual for me to remember them all. One I was in detention camp with two others, and a well known prophet was keeping us. I prophetically knew the passcode to get free which was 1. I tried to hide the fact that the tv was on when he came in and kept covering up for the other two. I got caught.

The dream after that was so disturbing! I saw a girl and was shouting to who I was watching her with that she didnt even know she was a mule! I screamed dont you know yourepedaling drugs? She was running with a brown box in her hands.She didnt care, she was close to her drop zone. The woman receiving it was so innocently sweet, too innocent! Then I saw thatan insane mob was high on her tail! They wanted to intercept that package. The sweet lady receptor was not even bothered. She said I got this. I watched her (third person still viewing this tv nightmare) as she went out into the hall. She removed her costume and under it was a giant blender with acid in the bottom. She grabbed every last one of the invaders and threw them into her cylinder base. When the last invaderwent in, I watched in horror as she turned on the motor. I saw it all.

Gah! This is definitely feeling like a medicine induced dream sequence for sure... medicine puts your mind at ease and it just goes wild with imagination all night! I definitely think its the zinc. It only started when I started taking them... sigh... probably will stop but not sure I should just yet...

MemberMember
(@saif-uddin86hotmail-com)

Posted : 06/19/2021 9:42 am

What brand of zinc are you taking and what type (e.g. Zinc Glycinate, Zinc Citrate, Zinc Oxide etc)?