Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Alright, so I am a teenager who has been struggling with acne for years. BUT, I can finally say that I am on the right path, my acne is diminishing finally - I only get a zit every once in a while. However, if you looked at my face, you would not say that I am almost acne free. Why? because I still have all these dark marks left over that make my face look like I still have plenty of acne.

These marks have started fading semi quickly with the right care (about 3 months?) But the thing is, I will always have them it seems because while I only get a zit very seldom, it ALWAYS leaves a mark. And I mean ALWAYS. Please do not suggest not to pick it, because I don't and it still will leave an ugly dark mark, no matter what I do. Even the tiniest little whitehead will leave a brown spot after it goes away. If I did not get a mark from any little thing, my face would look clear now, because all of the marks I currently have are from recent zits.

So my question is, how do I PREVENT the dark marks. Kill the problem at the source, ya know? Note, I am not asking how to prevent getting zits here and there, or how to fade my current acne marks (although any of these answers would be welcome :)) but I just want to know how to be able to get past a zit without leaving an ugly reminder on my skin. As a side note, I am dark brown skinned (half black and half white) and apparently we have greater tendencies to scar, but I do not know for sure. So anyway, is there anything I can do to prevent a zit from turning brown after it is gone? How do you guys do it?

Thanks to all

Posted (edited)

I'm in the exact same situation as you, I wish I knew what to recommend. :/

I never had a problem with red marks until recently. The weird part is, when I was getting more acne, I didn't get any red marks, but now that I'm not getting much acne, I'm getting red marks. I don't understand the logic in that at all.... :/

Not sure if my skin is just fucked up or what...

Edited by Symmetry

Posted

So, what are you trying now to get rid of those marks? Have you tried turmeric yet? No doubt its effective+natural+no side effects+cheap.. If you need to know anything about that, I can tell you in details if you want!

Posted

Omg Symmetry, the exact same with me! I used to have so much acne, but nothing would ever leave a mark or indented scar... Now I get like 1% the acne I used to but every little thing leaves a stupid brown mark? WHY???

Posted

I have the same problems as you guys i still get marks even tho i never touch my face

Posted
Alright, so I am a teenager who has been struggling with acne for years. BUT, I can finally say that I am on the right path, my acne is diminishing finally - I only get a zit every once in a while. However, if you looked at my face, you would not say that I am almost acne free. Why? because I still have all these dark marks left over that make my face look like I still have plenty of acne.

These marks have started fading semi quickly with the right care (about 3 months?) But the thing is, I will always have them it seems because while I only get a zit very seldom, it ALWAYS leaves a mark. And I mean ALWAYS. Please do not suggest not to pick it, because I don't and it still will leave an ugly dark mark, no matter what I do. Even the tiniest little whitehead will leave a brown spot after it goes away. If I did not get a mark from any little thing, my face would look clear now, because all of the marks I currently have are from recent zits.

So my question is, how do I PREVENT the dark marks. Kill the problem at the source, ya know? Note, I am not asking how to prevent getting zits here and there, or how to fade my current acne marks (although any of these answers would be welcome :)) but I just want to know how to be able to get past a zit without leaving an ugly reminder on my skin. As a side note, I am dark brown skinned (half black and half white) and apparently we have greater tendencies to scar, but I do not know for sure. So anyway, is there anything I can do to prevent a zit from turning brown after it is gone? How do you guys do it?

Thanks to all

You may want to try Dr. Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Treatment Lotion. This is the ONLY product I have found so far that has helped to prevent marks from zits. It literally calmed my skin and barely left a mark where the zit used to be. I have to say, though, that it USUALLY works, but not all the time, which I don't quite understand. There were a couple of times when it didn't work as well. The first few times I used it, I was very obsessive in applying it; I patted it onto the affected area at least every other hour. It definitely was worth it because it completely vanished. Then I got lazy and only applied it twice a day, and the results weren't as great. I definitely would suggest you try the Mega-Mushroom Treatment Lotion. Just to let you know, it's more like a toner than a lotion. I wouldn't put anything else on while you use that, because things might react with it and render it ineffective.

Also, don't be discouraged if it gets worse before it gets better. My zit had continued to get bigger when I used the lotion. I waited it out and continuted to use it. Then the lotion forced the gunk out of the zit, and it slowly diminished to nothingness. I couldn't believe it. Of course that was when I was applying it every other hour. Patience is key. I also found that the lotion worked best when you use it right when you feel that a zit is forming.

Good luck and I hope it works for you.