Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All I want is something to help my skin. Something that's natural and doesn't irritate my skin. She criticizes me for going out and buying stuff to help me out saying shit like, "You don't have to be buying all those lotions and potions." She sounds fucking retarded when she says that. I mean I know I'm a guy and I have to live up to this thing where "Oh acne is normal for me and irritated skin is manly." but all I want to do is treat my condition. My skin is problematic right now. Its dry, irritated, oily, and I'm experiencing a bad breakout right now. Its not like cysts or anything, but I would call it bad minor breakout with lots of white heads and some inflamed pimples. I just want to spend my own money and buy something that will help me because I know my skin can be treated easily with the right product because my condition isn't really that bad. She's a goddamn bitch though and she won't even help me buy a 4 dollar bar of soap off the internet. I do actually have a credit card, but its under my dads name and if he sees me buy that then I'll be embarassed. When not even your parents can help you with your skin problems it makes the problem that much more frustrating. That's why I like to use sites like these because people on these sites are more understanding and empathetic. Does anyone else have this problem?

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

parents r there for not listening them dude. get your stuff anywayz or get card on your own name orz try some natural/holistic treatment with something that u can get of irl

I'm sure your parents mean well. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time, though. Here's some music to help calm you down:

;)

Cheer up, mate. I'm sure everything will work out.

I remember talking to my dad about my face asking him what he thinks about it. He asked me what I meant so even though my acne was obvious enough and pretty bad at the time, I pointed at my pimples. He looked at me and said "Oh, I see" then started rubbing my facial hair and said "You're becoming a man now!" .. :|

I then talked my to my mom about it and since proactive and those other crap products didn't work for me, she brought me to a doctor and 3 months later, I'm doing a lot better.

@Lapis - That song is depressing as F***! that, and it's boring.

Edited by Mad Mike

Parents are stupid sometimes, oh well.

You can never have a relationship with anyone and not have quirks in the mix.

If telling her that you don't want acne isn't enough to make her understand,then don't bring it up with her.

Is this money you have from allowance or a job?

My parents can be pretty insensitive when it comes to acne, a lot of things actually lol, but you just have to learn how to not let what they say get to you. Yeah, parents are supposed to be supportive and whatnot, but sometimes they aren't, and you can't let that break your character.

As for the products, try talking to your dad about it? I've tried talking to my parents about my skin, and it's made things somewhat better, so you could try having a heart to heart.

My parents can be pretty insensitive when it comes to acne, a lot of things actually lol, but you just have to learn how to not let what they say get to you. Yeah, parents are supposed to be supportive and whatnot, but sometimes they aren't, and you can't let that break your character.

As for the products, try talking to your dad about it? I've tried talking to my parents about my skin, and it's made things somewhat better, so you could try having a heart to heart.

Dammit Tim I cant figure out how to add you as a friend haha

I only see my father about once every year or two. Well, the last time I saw him, we were in the car. I was sitting in the back seat, and my dad turned around and said: "Is that acne on your face?" I replied yes, and he just grunted and turned back toward the front. A few minutes later, he turns back around. "You know I can take you to a doctor or buy you a product or something."

I was so embarrassed! I just explained to him I had a product already...and then just proceeded to stare at the car's floor.

Point is: Parents can sometimes be understanding. I come from a family (on both sides) that has only dealt with mild acne to no acne at all. Myself, on the other, has moderately severe acne and a lot of scarring. No one in my family seems to understand why I want to be rid of it. They think I'll "just grow out of it".

You just can't let what they say bring you down.

Just keep your head up! :)

i need to nag my mom sometimes just to buy something off the internet. My parents think the internet is a scam(so azn sometimes i swear)

Haha never realized that was an asian thing to fear the internet.

I only see my father about once every year or two. Well, the last time I saw him, we were in the car. I was sitting in the back seat, and my dad turned around and said: "Is that acne on your face?" I replied yes, and he just grunted and turned back toward the front. A few minutes later, he turns back around. "You know I can take you to a doctor or buy you a product or something."

I was so embarrassed! I just explained to him I had a product already...and then just proceeded to stare at the car's floor.

Point is: Parents can sometimes be understanding. I come from a family (on both sides) that has only dealt with mild acne to no acne at all. Myself, on the other, has moderately severe acne and a lot of scarring. No one in my family seems to understand why I want to be rid of it. They think I'll "just grow out of it".

You just can't let what they say bring you down.

Just keep your head up! :)

When my breakout was at its worse I was at a restraunt with my dads side of the family and I got up to go get some more water and I could hear my stepmom saying "His face is breaking out bad.". That sort of pissed me off. Then later my dad was in the car with me and suggested I go in to the derm and get laser treatment because my stepsister got it. Well she's still breaking out so really that was only a temporary problem, plus my acne was never as bad hers anyways.

I'm sure your parents mean well. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time, though. Here's some music to help calm you down:

;)

Yeah that song sounded pretty depressing. Is that supposed to make me change my opinion about my parents? I mean its not that I hate them or I don't love them, My mom can just be a bitch sometimes and my dads not much help either. BTW I never knew buckethead made such depressing songs haha.

;)

Yeah that song sounded pretty depressing. Is that supposed to make me change my opinion about my parents? I mean its not that I hate them or I don't love them, My mom can just be a bitch sometimes and my dads not much help either. BTW I never knew buckethead made such depressing songs haha.

I understand. Really.

And yeah, Buckethead has a gloomy side. You should try listening to "Angel monster" or "Padmasana" from "Electric tears". They're very sad sounding... Which is sort of beautiful in its own way but if you don't wanna get down it's best to steer clear. haha